Menu

Art help!

Ausmumof3

We started using one of the Barry Stebbings art programs this year but we’re all hating it.  It’s too hard for one kid, the religious bent is wrong from me and my other kid hates how it feels like it’s talking down to you.

weve had artistic pursuits before but it was “ok” not - “yay we love doing art” good.

I really want to find an art program that 

Is suitable with some modification  for all my kids (7,9,12) 

Is affordable

Has some drawing instruction

Used different media for some lessons

has a little bit of art history but not too much

weve just done our own thing using good library books and video guides before but I’m really unmotivated this year and need something structured.

weve really enjoyed the free stuff from deep sparkle space but the membership is too expensive for me at this stage.

On 4/5/2019 at 3:02 PM, WendyAndMilo said:

Have you looked at Atelier?  I think it hits all your needs/wants and we really liked it.

ETA Ok, they changed their pricing so it's a little more, I think?  but also online...

Hmm I have looked but am a little scared off by the price.  Paying $140 for an online membership is a little more than we usually do.  Although I probably would If I was 100 pc sure we’d use it but i like to have things for the long term.  I’d buy the dvds but shopping cost to Aus is crazy

On 4/6/2019 at 3:59 AM, Mona said:

This is a free resource. Art Through the Year from Sharon Jeffus of Visual Manna on Rainbow Resource's site: Season 2, episode 1

I'm not sure of the age range.

I haven’t seen this before.  Maybe we’ll give that a try next week and see how that works.  The kids are really really complaining about the Barry Stebbing programs more than I’m willing to deal with.  I expect some complaining about math or grammar but art has always been enjoyable and pain free.