Menu

Old Western Culture for history credit--what to supplement with OR is there a better ancient resource for history?

I'm seriously considering Old Western Culture The Greeks for my ninth and tenth grader next year. I've been poking around here at old threads and read somewhere that OWC Greeks counts as 1 lit credit, 1/2 history credit, and 1/2 philosophy credit.  Both girls will have a pretty good literature credit for next year via a class I'm teaching at co-op, but compared to how much they're both accustomed to reading, they'll still have some time/brain power left for more literature.  Having the (purportedly fabulous) lectures by Wes Callihan appeals to me as I'm pretty pressed for time in terms of preparing something out of my wheelhouse (which ancients definitely are).  To hopefully make this clearer (ha!), what are some options to round this out as a full history credit OR what else is out there that would offer a bit more hand-holding (and some literature) for Ancients?