Menu

What's with the ads?

Quill

Fed up with Shitterfly for digital albums

That was initially a typo, but it fits. I have used Shutterfly to make digital photo books for years and years. But the program now DRIVES ME NUTS! I hate it with a purple passion! It “thinks” it knows what I want better than I do and it constantly does illogical things like suddenly switching to a different layout. I hate the backgrounds it selects. I hate the embellishments it selects. I hate the layouts it suggests, so I modify them all. Then, I’m moving a photo and it suddenly reshuffles the whole thing and puts all my photos into a different layout on the page! *headbang emoji* 

Is there a service for digital albums you like better than Shitterfly? 

• Haha 9

Do you think your problem could be switching from regular to advanced editing? If I leave and go back into my photobook, it starts with regular editing. I find I have similar problems as you do until I remember to click "advanced editing". 

I'm a Shutterfly fan but I'm working on a 9 year old computer so sometimes I have problems stemming from that. I save often!

• Like 2

My phone autocorrected that way once too!   I thought it was appropriate, too, and continue to use it with my close friends who also use SF.

A second vote to use Advanced Editing to give you more control.

• Like 1

Hmmm. I douse Advanced Editing, but sometimes I get confused on what type of editing I am in. 

ZNO. Beautiful lie-flat books, and never ever buy without a sale because if there isn't one on, one's a-coming.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I adore Picaboo. Have used it for years, and the books are fabulous. Watch for deals (sign up for their emails). 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Quill said:

Hmmm. I douse Advanced Editing, but sometimes I get confused on what type of editing I am in. 

I do too which is frustrating! I'm sorry it's not working out for you. I won't switch as all my photos are uploaded there. 😂

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Oh, wow. Oh, no. I did a couple of photo books with Sam's Club, and that was a pain and a half, so I was thinking of trying another site and I've liked Shutterfly for ordering pictures, grad announcements, etc. 

• Like 1

Thread title of the day awarded!

I don’t have that one but have the same issue when I try to do photo print books.  Arranging and rearranging the photos is really hard.  Would be so much easier if you could just create your own PDFs and send them in for printing I think.

• Haha 1

I've used Mixbook a couple times now and really like it.  For both, I was able to find a coupon.