Menu

Fed up with Shitterfly for digital albums

Ginevra

That was initially a typo, but it fits. I have used Shutterfly to make digital photo books for years and years. But the program now DRIVES ME NUTS! I hate it with a purple passion! It “thinks” it knows what I want better than I do and it constantly does illogical things like suddenly switching to a different layout. I hate the backgrounds it selects. I hate the embellishments it selects. I hate the layouts it suggests, so I modify them all. Then, I’m moving a photo and it suddenly reshuffles the whole thing and puts all my photos into a different layout on the page! *headbang emoji* 

Is there a service for digital albums you like better than Shitterfly? 

• Haha 8

Do you think your problem could be switching from regular to advanced editing? If I leave and go back into my photobook, it starts with regular editing. I find I have similar problems as you do until I remember to click "advanced editing". 

I'm a Shutterfly fan but I'm working on a 9 year old computer so sometimes I have problems stemming from that. I save often!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Quill said:

Hmmm. I douse Advanced Editing, but sometimes I get confused on what type of editing I am in. 

I do too which is frustrating! I'm sorry it's not working out for you. I won't switch as all my photos are uploaded there. 😂

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Thread title of the day awarded!

I don’t have that one but have the same issue when I try to do photo print books.  Arranging and rearranging the photos is really hard.  Would be so much easier if you could just create your own PDFs and send them in for printing I think.

• Haha 1