Menu

What's with the ads?

LVG

Plant Identification

These bushes are free from someone.  I’m going to get them and plant them tonight.  Can someone tell me what it is?  I was thinking a boxwood, but I’m not sure that’s what it is.  

0862085F-1AB2-4F44-B92E-E1CEC6CAE4D7.png

1C41F60F-BB90-46D6-B7E1-ECB0E666EF19.png

This is the best I have right now picture wise.  When I pick them up later today I can get a more up close picture!  I’m in NC.

laurel?  

my first thought was holly - but the leaves are smooth.  

Boxwood smells like cat pee, if that helps.

You can use Google lens and it will id the plant for you, if you have an android phone. 

I also thought laurel or a type of rhododendron - there are a lot of different ones. 

Thanks for the ideas!  Still haven’t had a chance to get a close up.  It was getting dark before we got them and I was rushing to get them planted.  They are gigantic!  I don’t even know if they will survive because she had them out of the ground for a couple of days, but I replanted them this evening, so maybe they will make it.  They have not had any blooms according to her.  She just bought this house and didn’t like them where they were and removed them, so she doesn’t really know anything about when or if they bloom.  I don’t have an Android for that app, but how cool!  Wonder if iPhone has anything like that!