Menu

Staying off-site at Disney World

Storygirl

• 1 month later...

Haha, it's SO wicked hot right now. Are you planning days at the Disney water parks? I haven't been to them, but them seem really nice. The Disney putt putt is cute for an afternoon too. We did the Christmas themed one. Actually we started it and ds had a meltdown, sigh. Anyways, cute stuff. 

We have a very large family and we like to stay together so we rent an Air B&B at Encore Resorts about 10 minutes from Disney. They have houses with between 5 and 12 bedrooms including pool and an on-site water park area. It generally works out to about $100 per night per adult and there is tons of room. We usually drive so we already have cars. We can afford the parking because we don't pay for flights or rental cars. There is a full kitchen so we do breakfasts and lunches if we are home in the afternoons and then we split dinners between nights out and take out. This also works because some people can choose to spend a day in while others go to a park if they wish plus we can take our dogs.

My hubby and I did stay on site once when it was just he and I (no kids). We went off season and that was just magical. We could literally just wander around and do whatever we wanted without crowds or waiting. It was easy to get around and we could easily make it back to our rooms for napping in the afternoon. 

It's just a matter of figuring out what works for you for this particular trip and taking into account crowds, how many people, day to day travel, etc. But if you put a little time into it you can easily find something that will work for you.

• Like 1