Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Jean in Newcastle

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

• Work on swim stuff
  • Work on school stuff (NCAA follow-up -- school compliance officer said he spoke to NCAA and DS is cleared for D1!)
  • Sit down with middle child re: school/pack out/Eagle Project
  • Start work on the toy area (someone save me).
  • Continue work on PonyGirl's NCAA work (first major file done, get the second set ready to go this summer).
  • Follow up w/PonyGirl re: coach emails; recommendation letters; senior year planning.
  • Pray unceasingly for:  my job stateside, DH promotion (made the cert, waiting on interview), DS starting college; negotiations for house in VA Beach; mom's illness; dog's illness; figuring out how to get the dog back to the states
  • PLAN TRIP TO ATHENS!

• Like 7

Good morning!

• get morning chores done extra quick
  • dd and I are going to pick ds18 up from school (he has a day off from classes and wants to come home)
  • get coffee and/or breakfast with the kids
  • get house tidied up
  • paddock cleanup, clean stalls, fill water tank
  • hopefully, an hour or two of office work will get done
  • take ds18 back up to school late afternoon
  • dinner: ?? maybe go out to eat when we drop ds off
  • Like 6

Good morning!  Today is "click the button day" to get your sign up spot for the local homeschool co-op so I have been sitting here with my finger poised over the button waiting for it to be 8 am.  #loser.  The rest of my day will be consumed by over-worry about which chemistry class I should have DS14 take next year.  I need to get a grip.

-coffee
-get DS17 off to school
-click the button
-ask DH for the 136th time to please scan a form for me so I can email it (should learn to do it myself)

-email and mail SC homeschool forms, mail form to withdraw from FL homeschool
-school with DS14 (he has come down with a man cold and thus will be laying all over the couch wondering if he is dying)
-laundry
-straighten up (one of DS17's teammates may be coming here between school and the game and nothing like company to make one do stuff)
-probably should go back to DMV and attempt (again) to get my license
-probably should work out
-have dinner ready at 3:30 for DS and his friend
-game tonight at 7 pm, located about 45 minutes away

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning!

School  

Give ds some suggestions on packing for his campout.  

Arrange a ride to AHG for dd.  

Meeting.  

Pick up dd from AHG.  

Pick up dinner for me and ds.  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Morning, all!  

LisaK, keeping you in prayer...

I had great news about my A1C results yesterday!  I'm down to a 6.9 (from 13.9).  Everything else was great, so if I continue, I could cut some medications in half.  Doing a happy dance.  The caveat:  exercise at least 30 minutes a day, and lose at least 20 pounds by my next appt.  I'm at 150 (heaviest I've been w/o pregnancy, and they say it's due to body adjusting to the insulin, weight gain should level off)

To do:

coffee, pack lunches, shower, dress

school, plus extra after school class

lesson planning, some work-related paperwork

meeting tonight for a school activity dd wants to join (one that I'm not wild about because of drama that always goes hand in hand with it)

organize my reading list for the next week/I have in excess of 16 books I have checked out from the library because lately everything sounds good

Costco run for chicken, veggies

gym

• Like 6

Good morning! Regular day here until the airport run. And then kid-free until early Sunday morning!

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • school with ds3
  • laundry/general clean up
  • work outside
  • chat with dd2 when she gets home
  • oversee packing- I don't need to do this- just need to feel useful
  • drive to airport
  • drop off 1 at one terminal, 1 at the other
  • drive home with music turned up!

Have a great day!

• Like 5

I only got a couple hours of sleep overnight, but I don't think a nap is in the cards for today.  I had a conference call this morning and have another one coming up.  Then lots of other work and AHG stuff.  Can't wait until all this AHG stuff is behind us.

• Working / playing on the computer until 4:45am.
  • Slept 1 hour.
  • Kid 1 up to study, supposedly.
  • Slept 1 more hour.
  • Kid 2 up.
  • Reviewed homework, made corrections.
  • Made breakfast.
  • Sent kids running to the bus.
  • Cleaned kitchen & bathrooms.
  • Coffee.
  • Checked emails.
  • Pat Catan's - to pay for stuff I picked out yesterday but had forgotten my wallet.  (It was that kind of night.)
  • Got gas.
  • Got cash.
  • Cleaned out the front seat of the car.
  • Work emails, research.
  • Conference call.
  • Work discussion.
  • More work emails ...
  • Caught up on social media, news.

To do:

• More coffee.
  • Grab boxes that have been delivered; grab something to eat.
  • Prep for and live through 2nd conference call.
  • Whatever other work gets done.
  • Bills?
  • Prep AHG stuff so it can be done quickly once the kids get home.
  • Kids' homework and AHG prep.
  • McD drive-through.
  • AHG.
    • Get there early to help with flag ceremony prep (Kid 1).
    • Submit March service hours.
    • Kid 2 has Board of Review for level award.
    • Kid 1 has 1 badge sign-off, 1 sports pin sign-off, and is supposed to come up with something for a "new" flag ceremony?? but I don't think she really can....
  • More kids' work after AHG.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 6

human care is done

pet care is done

medical care done

dishwasher emptied and then filled again but not run yet because it isn't full (note to self- run it later once we put more dishes in)

made appt. for dd for oral surgery

sent out notification for camp board meeting. 

• Like 5

Remembered that I had a babysitting gig today. Living life by phone reminders.

Back and trying to get the morning stuff done. 

Like breakfast.

• Like 5

After buying about twenty compass and protractor sets over the last few years. I have one set aside for those geometry emergencies.

I don't know where those things go- they are like socks in the dryer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, readinmom said:

Morning, all!  

LisaK, keeping you in prayer...

I had great news about my A1C results yesterday!  I'm down to a 6.9 (from 13.9).  Everything else was great, so if I continue, I could cut some medications in half.  Doing a happy dance.  The caveat:  exercise at least 30 minutes a day, and lose at least 20 pounds by my next appt.  I'm at 150 (heaviest I've been w/o pregnancy, and they say it's due to body adjusting to the insulin, weight gain should level off)

Congrats on the A1C drop! My last one was at 5.1, but I've cut my Metformin down to 1 pill--we'll see if I can continue there, or even quit it. I lost 45 lbs, but then it started creeping back up as it's SO hard to walk in the winter. I can't lose unless I walk 10 miles a day. 

• Like 4

Check cows, check sheep, again and again.

I cleaned out one corner of the shop. Dh keeps whining about "somebody moved my stuff." Gee, bend over, pick up trash and tada! There are your torx bits. 

read

walk

work on Scout awards. Dh got the tipi poles cut and chopped the barn wood pieces. Now to glue on the labels and Modpodge them.

write kids--I need to get to town before 2 to mail the last few days' envelopes

sort my purse--truly a mess

"wander" by hoping to push dh off dead center. He's pretending to look for a part for the backhoe, but what he's REALLY doing is playing on FB!

Cut out articles out of the paper, and pile up last week's papers for dd's fire

laundry, as always

dinner is going to be the mountains of leftovers. Nope, I'm not making anything else!

recycles out, including the ones scattered all over the shop

got to visit with a dear friend today

grocery run. 

decided to go to the high school play tonight. Unfortunately, it turned out to be participatory! Hello! If I'm going to shell out $10 (which include dessert that I couldn't eat) I want to sit there, NOT be forced out of my happy little introvert bubble! I feel like I ran a marathon today, and I have to stay up for at least 3 more hours to check cows. 

Edited by Margaret in CO
  • Like 5

Fed DS17 and two of his teammates and they are off to the sports store on their way to the game because somehow DS17 managed to lose his belt between the house and his car...

Jen, we have the same luck with protractors.  And the $$$$ graphing calculators.  Two kids and I have purchased at least 5 of them in the past 3 years.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

literature done and graded

world history done and graded

Japanese done

dd's doctor appt. done

set up financing for dd's oral surgery

set up a camp board meeting - which reminds me that I need to get that on the calendar.  I just put the oral surgery on there.  I seem to be always behind on the calendar. . .

Put new algebra workbook in my backpack

I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something. . .   I am heading out for the compound pharmacy so it isn't that. . .   Oh!  the doctor wanted me to check into something for him.  I should do that and call him back before I head out the door.

• Like 3