Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
madteaparty

APUSH vs AP Euro

Has anyone’s student taken both? Would you mind sharing a comparison for me, in terms of difficulty? Very many thanks.

It's been awhile since I was in the classroom, but I'm familiar with both from my days as a student and a history teacher, though I never taught APUSH. I'd say the conventional wisdom that Euro is harder is true and everything I've read says that's still true now, even after the revisions to the AP Euro to be more in line with the whole themes and concepts model that World and US have.

Edited by Farrar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I was all set and excited to do APUSH but I’ve thrown a wrench in my own plans and thinking of moving to Europe for part of the school year, in which case... 

If you are going to move to Europe for part of the school year, do AP Euro! What a wonderful opportunity! If you are worried about which order to take them, my daughter did AP Euro first, then APUSH and got 5s in both, so obviously didn't make any difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, learners4life said:

If you are going to move to Europe for part of the school year, do AP Euro! What a wonderful opportunity! If you are worried about which order to take them, my daughter did AP Euro first, then APUSH and got 5s in both, so obviously didn't make any difference.

I’m considering. Kind of a pain logistics-wise so we will see. There’s no question we’d do AP EURO and not APUSH if we moved... 

thanks for the data point. Did your DD take an outsourced class? We’d just do this at home DS and I...

She took APUSH from PA Homeschoolers.  We did a mixture of AP Euro at home and with tutoring from Meredith Noah in the month before the exam.  I think AP Euro is really doable at home as long as you know how to write the essays, especially the synthesis essay.  You have to understand what is being looked for in the essays - that is really important.

• Thanks 1