Menu

Has anyone used Sonlight Psychology?

1 minute ago, Julie of KY said:

My son has been doing this course this year. He has enjoyed the workbook in addition to the book. I've given him permission to skip things but I think he's done it all. I will be getting a new workbook next year for my daughter to do.

That's great to hear, thanks!

I just led this as a co-op class and it was by far the funnest, most interesting and applicable course I've ever brought high school students through. I supplemented with oodles of movies and a few short stories plus I brought a guest speaker in for the week on Treatment. I cannot wait to do this course again, it really is fantastic! For what it's worth, we used an older version of the text (much, much cheaper) and it worked just fine with the workbook. I just went through and wrote the Module numbers on the Table of Contents in the old text so it lined up with the scope/sequence laid out in the workbook.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BakersDozen said:

I just led this as a co-op class and it was by far the funnest, most interesting and applicable course I've ever brought high school students through. I supplemented with oodles of movies and a few short stories plus I brought a guest speaker in for the week on Treatment. I cannot wait to do this course again, it really is fantastic! For what it's worth, we used an older version of the text (much, much cheaper) and it worked just fine with the workbook. I just went through and wrote the Module numbers on the Table of Contents in the old text so it lined up with the scope/sequence laid out in the workbook.

It was your post on the psychology movies that got me interested in this for dd. I didn't realise that you used the Sonlight workbook as well. Glad you enjoyed it so much. I think this will be a great addition to dd's senior year. 🙂 

31 minutes ago, Julie of KY said:

My son has completed the coursework and is working on AP prep - currently he's scoring a 5 on practice tests. He's a STEM guy and has enjoyed the course.

Dd won't be taking the AP exam unless I manage a trip over there that coincides with the date of the exam, but it's great to hear that your son has enjoyed it and learned a lot! Thanks!

30 minutes ago, BakersDozen said:

Did you use the 1st ed. or the 2nd?