Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Aenima

What do you like to do in your free time?

Well, I don't have free time at the moment -- LOL -- but, if I had time, I would read, cross-stitch, take pictures, scrapbook.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Aenima Hi, are you homeschooling?   How old are your children and what is your homeschooling philosophy and materials you like to use? 

And what are your hobbies and free time activities? 

If these are in a signature, I cannot see signatures.  

• Like 4

In the past we've had some posters who are here practicing their English.  If Aenima is not homeschooling, perhaps he or she is doing that. 🙂 

I like to shop in thrift stores and on eBay and Etsy. I enjoy watching tv and movies with my family. I love reading and responding to posts on this forum. If I had more free time, I would likely do more reading. I definitely never have time to be bored! 

What are your hobbies, Aenima?

ETA: How could I forget napping? 😴

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1

Sleep!

Besides that, read, walk, hike, visit local coffee shops, peruse the internet for useless things I decide I *have* to have....

• Like 1

Weight lift. 

Don's Family Vacations watch videos about cruising on this guy's charming youtube channel.

I used to have more hobbies (sewing, crochet, etc.) but I spend all that time researching and thinking through ds' stuff. When I retire I will sew, crochet, do charity work, and throw everything in the storage room away.

• Like 3

Grandchildren and horses.  Grandkids are the priority so horses are taking a back seat unless it's the ponies I have for the grandchildren.

ETA- ALABAMA FOOTBALL!!!   ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Does drinking count?

Edited by MaBelle
  • Haha 1

This is a trick. Did my neighbors send you?! THE MUSIC IS *NOT* TOO LOUD, KAREN. THIS IS HOW EVERYONE LISTENS TO MUSIC. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I have many hobbies, it's hard for me to choose which one is my the most favourite 🙂
I like travelling, swimming and playing computer games. I like listen to music in my free time or when I'm on the road, usually before/after my work. My the most favourite genres in this case are electronic, synth-pop, industrial and darkwave, however I have many fav songs from other genres too. I like to collect CD released by my fav bands and other merch, and of course attend concerts.
I'm a sport fan, especially in case of fitness, cycling and swimming. I adore such games as baseball, volleyball and football, both for playing and watching matches, for example in case of the football ones I have a couple of my fav teams from England and I adore to cheer for them during the matches and make bets https://777score.co.uk/ on them sometimes too.
I'm interested in art and handmade hobbies too. In case of the first one I'm learning to draw and among the second I like quilling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quilling the most of all, I adore to make beautiful pictures and postcards in this technique.

Edited by Manora
  • Like 1

Reading, quilting, Bible study, healthcare administration, volunteer work - not listed in any kind of order.

Rollerskating

reading, mostly politics and non-fiction

Hiking and camping 

following sports (baseball, women’s basketball and roller derby)

Reading, following Brexit (lol, I know), walks, writing poetry, sashiko stitching, posting here.

I like op-shopping, drinking coffee and browsing bookstores, too.

Also television. 

13 hours ago, Chris in VA said:

Are you also the poster asking about what sports we enjoy?

Apparently. https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/685650-sport/

12 hours ago, Pen said:

@Aenima Hi, are you homeschooling?   How old are your children and what is your homeschooling philosophy and materials you like to use? 

And what are your hobbies and free time activities? 

If these are in a signature, I cannot see signatures.  

The OP doesn’t have a signature 

Whatever free time I have is spent sleeping 🙂

• Like 1

I like to get at least 4 hours of sleep a day.  If I have more time I sleep a bit more. 

• Haha 2

I have free time during the week days, now that my kids are in school. It actually should not be free time; I should be productive, and instead I am avoiding chores. I actually do better when I plan my free time, or I end up frittering it away by reading the WTM boards (sometimes this is productive, but often it is frittering).

I love reading, and I will go to the movies by myself during the day once or twice a month.

I used to scrapbook, so I claim that as a hobby, but I haven't done it for a long time, because it is messy and takes over my life. I should try to switch to digital scrapbooking instead of the paper kind, but I have a lot of paper to use and am a person who loves paper, so I haven't managed the switch yet.

I love board games when I can convince my family to play with me. None of them likes them as well as I do.

I have a dog, and now that the weather is turning to spring, I plan to walk with her more.

DH and I have some tv shows that we like, so we usually watch them for an hour or two at night after the kids are in their rooms.

I have had interests and hobbies that I have dropped over the years and would like to pick up again.

• Like 1

Besides this forum?

Read, crafts, whatever house project I'm currently working on.

Reading nonfiction

TV at night (I favor biographies, nonfiction historical shows, older sitcoms, cooking shows—although I hate cooking, and reality-type shows like gold rush, livepd, and such) 

piddling around outside which might be mowing, pruning, gardening

snuggling my babies (aka dogs)

doing crafts stuff with ds’ gf

watching sports (baseball, college football, and nascar)

And right now, ds’ gf and I are baking a red velvet cake!   We’ve never baked one before.  Next week, we’re going to do Easter cutout cookies!  😋

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StellaM said:

Reading, following Brexit (lol, I know), walks, writing poetry, sashiko stitching, posting here.

I like op-shopping, drinking coffee and browsing bookstores, too.

Also television. 

Stella, will you give me a short summary of Brexit?   I thought I understood it when it first began but now I’m confused.   

Also, what is op-shopping?  💛

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Stella, will you give me a short summary of Brexit?   I thought I understood it when it first began but now I’m confused.   

Op Shops are called Thrift Stores in the States.  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, Chris in VA said:

Op Shops are called Thrift Stores in the States.  😁

Never in a bazillion years would I have figured that out by myself!  Thanks Chris! 

• Like 2

Obviously the OP is a troll, because any real homeschooler would know that the appropriate answer to this question is always, "Free time? You're kidding, right?" 😂 

Even if I do get a few minutes of free time here and there, it certainly isn't enough to cultivate any actual hobbies beyond napping and coffee.

Edited by Mergath
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Never in a bazillion years would I have figured that out by myself!  Thanks Chris! 

I only know that because I'm on several international fb group boards that deal with preschool ed around the world, particularly embracing Reggio Emilia philosophies--we are always furnishing our classrooms with thrifted items!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Thrift store shopping.

And no-one can possibly understand Brexit except as a national madness!

(The Tory party have long had a split between the pro-Europeans and the Eurosceptics. David Cameron (last PM) decided to settle the intra party aggro by getting the British public to weigh in, confident that the British public would say no way are we leaving the EU! Except they said, let's leave the EU, because the entire North and West, and everyone outside London were pissed off at austerity, and the pro-Leave team told them excellent lies, like - leave the EU and we'll save a zillion pounds and then we'll put it into the NHS, yay! So then Mr Cameron felt quite silly, and resigned, and they got a woman in to do the job, because who else do you get in to do the cleaning up of crap ? PM May  makes the mistake of lighting the 'leave' fuse immediately and then failing to consult with others outside her party, she goes to the EU, they make a deal. Everyone hates the deal, because it has this thing in it called the backstop. No-one understands what the backstop is, but it's practically compulsory to hate it. It has to be in there, though, for the sake of Northern Ireland, land of very recent peace. May takes her deal to the Parliament, they vote it down, they vote it down again, and a third time. All this time the opposition party, Labour, which turns out to be led by an anti-Semite, Corbyn, is dropping further and further in the polls. So he's no good, plus he secretly wants to leave, and doesn't want a second referendum, like some in his cabinet wants. It seems like he'd quite like to lie low and wait for it all to be over, frankly. Parliament tries to take over the process. The EU makes loud warning sounds - this is the only deal you're getting. Parliament fails to vote for any one of eight replacements for Mrs May's deal, the EU is really cranky now and says, you can have two weeks BUT YOU HAVE TO SORT IT OUT. Leave day comes and gos, cranky leavers outside Parliament talking about traitors (Mrs May), the Tories want to get rid of Mrs May too, and are getting ready for a leadership challenge, Mrs May says 'I'll leave, but only once you've passed my bill'. I forgot to say her bill is just about leaving; negotiating the trade deals etc can't happen until the UK leaves. Alao during this time, huge internet arguments are raging on Mumsnet about whether or not to stockpile, most people get in extra beans and loo paper. Back to now - Mrs May is looking extremely tired and unwell, and wears a bg blue jacket every single day that apparently cost a thousand pounds but looks like she pulled it out of an op-shop bin, and there is speculation it is her comfort blanket. Mrs May has had it. She tells Mr Corbyn it's time to drag his sorry arse into discussions with her, which angers literally everyone, including Corbyn. All the EU is weeping with frustration. Mrs May rules out a no-deal exit, the Parliament vote it through by one vote. Nobody knows what happens next, except probably a long extensions from the EU, which means Britain will have to particupate in European elections, which is a bit silly when you are trying to leave. I guess that's the short version 🙂 )

ETA Today's episode. Theresa is just so sick of getting all the blame. She's sending a letter to Jeremy with her deal, and the tea is that she's going to offer a confirmatory referendum, putting Jere in a bind, 'cos he doesn't want another referendum.  And only 5 days to go before she has to go back begging to the EU...more time! more time! Meanwhile, ordinary voters, especially voters with medical needs, like Type 1 diabetics, just want the whole thing to be chucked out, because there is literally no benefit to them going into a diabetic coma because their medication is held up at the 'we crashed out' port, just because the Tories couldn't stop arguing about Europe.

Edited by StellaM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thatboyofmine said:

And just like that, I understand Brexit.  Thank you @StellaMfor keeping me from having to google!!   I would have spent hrs trying to figure it out!   🙌  💛

Please note I gave you zero info on the actual deal that Theresa made.Pfft! The details are nothing in amongst the drama! All I know is that you can't have a hard border (one where people have to stop and show their passports) between NI and Republic of Ireland, because that will stoke Republican tensions and endanger the peace that currently holds in NI. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

What is this free time you speak of?  

That's what I was going to say. 🙂

4 hours ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Op is short for Opportunity.

Once, when dd was little and she was filling out one of those “tell us about your mom” things, like for Mother’s Day, she said my hobbies were cleaning and shopping. (!) No, honey, that’s just my job...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Rosie_0801 said:

Op is short for Opportunity.

I like the connotation of that. We need to start a campaign to bring Opportunity Shops to the US. 

• Like 2