Menu

What do you like to do in your free time?

Aenima

@Aenima Hi, are you homeschooling?   How old are your children and what is your homeschooling philosophy and materials you like to use? 

And what are your hobbies and free time activities? 

If these are in a signature, I cannot see signatures.  

• Like 4

In the past we've had some posters who are here practicing their English.  If Aenima is not homeschooling, perhaps he or she is doing that. 🙂 

I like to shop in thrift stores and on eBay and Etsy. I enjoy watching tv and movies with my family. I love reading and responding to posts on this forum. If I had more free time, I would likely do more reading. I definitely never have time to be bored! 

What are your hobbies, Aenima?

ETA: How could I forget napping? 😴

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1

Grandchildren and horses.  Grandkids are the priority so horses are taking a back seat unless it's the ponies I have for the grandchildren.

ETA- ALABAMA FOOTBALL!!!   ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Does drinking count?

Edited by MaBelle
  • Haha 1

I have many hobbies, it's hard for me to choose which one is my the most favourite 🙂
I like travelling, swimming and playing computer games. I like listen to music in my free time or when I'm on the road, usually before/after my work. My the most favourite genres in this case are electronic, synth-pop, industrial and darkwave, however I have many fav songs from other genres too. I like to collect CD released by my fav bands and other merch, and of course attend concerts.
I'm a sport fan, especially in case of fitness, cycling and swimming. I adore such games as baseball, volleyball and football, both for playing and watching matches, for example in case of the football ones I have a couple of my fav teams from England and I adore to cheer for them during the matches and make bets https://777score.co.uk/ on them sometimes too.
I'm interested in art and handmade hobbies too. In case of the first one I'm learning to draw and among the second I like quilling https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quilling the most of all, I adore to make beautiful pictures and postcards in this technique.

Edited by Manora
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Chris in VA said:

Are you also the poster asking about what sports we enjoy?

Apparently. https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/685650-sport/

12 hours ago, Pen said:

@Aenima Hi, are you homeschooling?   How old are your children and what is your homeschooling philosophy and materials you like to use? 

And what are your hobbies and free time activities? 

If these are in a signature, I cannot see signatures.  

The OP doesn’t have a signature 

Whatever free time I have is spent sleeping 🙂

• Like 1

I have free time during the week days, now that my kids are in school. It actually should not be free time; I should be productive, and instead I am avoiding chores. I actually do better when I plan my free time, or I end up frittering it away by reading the WTM boards (sometimes this is productive, but often it is frittering).

I love reading, and I will go to the movies by myself during the day once or twice a month.

I used to scrapbook, so I claim that as a hobby, but I haven't done it for a long time, because it is messy and takes over my life. I should try to switch to digital scrapbooking instead of the paper kind, but I have a lot of paper to use and am a person who loves paper, so I haven't managed the switch yet.

I love board games when I can convince my family to play with me. None of them likes them as well as I do.

I have a dog, and now that the weather is turning to spring, I plan to walk with her more.

DH and I have some tv shows that we like, so we usually watch them for an hour or two at night after the kids are in their rooms.

I have had interests and hobbies that I have dropped over the years and would like to pick up again.

• Like 1

Obviously the OP is a troll, because any real homeschooler would know that the appropriate answer to this question is always, "Free time? You're kidding, right?" 😂 

Even if I do get a few minutes of free time here and there, it certainly isn't enough to cultivate any actual hobbies beyond napping and coffee.

Edited by Mergath
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Never in a bazillion years would I have figured that out by myself!  Thanks Chris! 

I only know that because I'm on several international fb group boards that deal with preschool ed around the world, particularly embracing Reggio Emilia philosophies--we are always furnishing our classrooms with thrifted items!

• Like 2

Once, when dd was little and she was filling out one of those “tell us about your mom” things, like for Mother’s Day, she said my hobbies were cleaning and shopping. (!) No, honey, that’s just my job...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2