Menu

When did this happen? (BA Online now has videos!)

13 minutes ago, Noreen Claire said:

They are the same presenter and style as the AoPS video tutorials, as far as I can tell. We've only looked at a few in level 5 so far.

That's all we've seen too. DS was super excited that the Beasts might be in the videos, but he still enjoyed the ones he saw. They are well done. 

• Like 1

Are the videos teaching a lesson or a certain topic to the kids? In addition to or instead of the normal format? Asking since we’ve never used the online version, but am curious.

Do you use the online as a stand alone, or mix with the books?

is the online version guided or do the kids have to chose what to work on? 

My DD wants an online math, but I need it to be comprehensive and self led...like TT is as far as lessons go. 

Im hoping they have an update to the online version so that the text is read to the kids, the  id be sold!

On 4/4/2019 at 12:48 AM, ghcostafamily said:

Are the videos teaching a lesson or a certain topic to the kids? In addition to or instead of the normal format? Asking since we’ve never used the online version, but am curious.

Do you use the online as a stand alone, or mix with the books?

is the online version guided or do the kids have to chose what to work on? 

My DD wants an online math, but I need it to be comprehensive and self led...like TT is as far as lessons go. 

Im hoping they have an update to the online version so that the text is read to the kids, the  id be sold!

From what I can tell, the videos are teaching topics within each chapter. I'm going to add a screenshot of Book 5, Chapter 8, which has 11 videos. 

We use online as a stand alone now. We started the year using the books with a little online mixed in and have transitioned to using predominantly online. It is very thorough. 

The kids can choose what to work on, but the parent can limit to an extent. I believe I had to allow all of the chapters to be unlocked so he could pick and choose.

873173496_ScreenShot2019-04-05at10_27_02AM.thumb.png.4e2df9bfe81b60372a1ca365c53dba54.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AmandaVT said:

Huh - I still see them? Is the theater button gone too? or is it just empty when you click on it?

The theatre button was gone when DS10 was working this morning. I just signed back in to look, and it's back again. Weird!