Menu

Has anyone reviewed Grammar for Writers by Jonathan Rogers on Compass Classroom?

Has anyone purchased this recently? Any thoughts on it? I'm thinking of buying it for my two high schoolers. The sample videos look pretty good, although I have some concerns about starting at the beginning with subject and verb as he does in the first module. It's hard to know how this will be implemented. It's so new that it's hard to know what to think. I'm hoping someone bought it at a convention this year and has watched some of it. Anyone?

• 1 month later...

Bumping this.  I bought it to do with my rising 8th grader in the fall; I haven't watched beyond the sample videos yet, but I downloaded the written materials today and read through all of the first module, doing about half the exercises.  I quite like it so far - it's doing what I hoped it would do, and doing it well - but I'm having the worst time trying to organize my impressions into worthy words.  What sorts of questions did you have?