Menu

Something between notebooking and bulletin board

Sarah0000

Any ideas for how to record and display work and information that's more visible and changeable than a notebook but isn't as big or permanent as a bulletin board? The idea would be for kids to display their work such as coloring pictures and for me to post picture book covers or art pictures for unit studies. 

I do have a pocket chart for smaller papers. I've thought of using a large trifold display with pockets and binder clips but I do have a one year old who would fiddle with it. Any other ideas?

I went to a large bulletin board as part of home decor a few years ago, displaying our current studies, pictures, maps, or posters. But I also have and do use that tacky stuff to just put posters and things in the wall. It makes almost anything but the heaviest of posters stick and doesn't damage the walls.

UHU Tac adhesive putty? This is what I used to put my 9yo DD's Veritas Press cards on the hall wall as she finished each week. My parents also use it at their house to display the grandkids artwork. And it's the only thing my church will allow us to use on the walls for VBS decorations. It holds papers really well. It does not do as well with heavier things like canvas on cardboard.

https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Removable-Reusable-Nontoxic-pieces/dp/B013FA72M0/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=u+tac&qid=1554078076&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spell

Edited to add: I almost forgot - I use this putty for putting up our weekly "picture study" art in the bathrooms. It's on tile in 2 bathrooms and on a wood door in the basement bathroom. I'm using it on the top 2 corners and I've used and re-used the same pieces of putty since last September.

Edited by CTVKath
  • Like 1

I use the wax for posters and art cards too. It does work but it's a little tedious to rearrange things frequently and I'm looking more for a fun display the kids can easily add to.

I could string a clothesline, glue binder clips and pockets, and use some wax on a large board then hang the whole thing on the wall away from baby. Then I can easily take it down for the kids to change frequently.

I'll do a trial run with cardboard.

Tri-fold display board set up on a table or counter top out of reach of toddler hands. And for adhering items, either flat headed thumb tacks, or little loops of tape for on the back of the items to be displayed? The great thing about a tri-fold display board is that it can be moved around easily to put it out of reach of a little one, or be folded up and slid behind a door or couch during non-school hours.

ETA -- oops -- never mind. I see you discarded the idea of a trip-fold display board in your original post. ::embarrassed::

ETA #2 -- Maybe set up a smaller board just for the 1yo, with things on it for fiddling with, so 1yo wouldn't feel so drawn to fiddle with the older kids' board? Pockets, clips/clothespins, button/snaps, laminated cards on a metal loose leaf binder ring? shoelaces and lacing card...??

Edited by Lori D.

Yes a cork board is exactly what I need but it's impossible to keep push pins off the floor away from the toddler. I try with brads and there's always a few loose ones that get scattered. I do have small and medium magnetic whiteboards. I might be able to hang a couple magnetic boards along with the pocket chart to have a larger display area. I don't really have any flat surfaces that the toddler can't climb to so it has to be something I can put on the wall.