Menu

What's with the ads?

angelaguptathomas

GF Brownie Box Mix Recommendation please

Do you have Aldi nearby?  We have made their GF brownies several times.  To us, they are as good as the Ghirardelli mix (ETA I mean "regular," not GF Ghirardelli I don't even know if there is GF Ghirardelli). 

Edited by marbel
  • Like 2

The Betty Crocker GF brownie mix is good.  My DH won’t touch any GF baked foods, except these brownies because they taste like “regular” brownies.

• Like 2

Betty Crocker GF brownie mix is good and easy to prepare.  Non GF people love them as well. 

• Like 1

I used the Betty Crocker Brownie Mix to make a birthday cake for a visiting family member.  We baked it, dividing batter between two layer cake pans, spread raspberry jam between the layers, iced it & garnished with fresh raspberries.  Everyone was stunned how great it tasted...and looked: 

IMG_4267.JPG

• Like 5

Familia, I love your vintage table linens.  The dessert looks and sounds yummy!

• Like 2

As bad as gluten-free baked goods tend to be, gluten-free brownies seem to almost always turn out yummy.  I have tried several brands and I don't remember any of them not turning out ok.

I remember my kids fussing one time because I was making gf brownies (so that I could eat some too, thank you very much).  I told them that gf brownies were better because they used cocoa powder and chocolate chips instead of flour.  Extra Chocolate!  Yippee!

(Unfortunately, gluten free cake is another story entirely.)

• Like 2

Aldi is great! They are very dark chocolate if that matters.

I think we've also liked Krusteaz, Betty Crocker, and King Arthur.