Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• NCAA Paperwork (I only have 4 humanities course descriptions to write... and then I have the outlines to type up... but I'm getting DS to help with those -- then I move to PonyGirl's, which will mostly be a shift in resources, and she will help me type up those outlines!! I'm still hoping to send everything off on Monday for both of them -- or at least make a sizeable dent in PonyGirl's).
  • Laundry
  • Clean Out one area (working in the little girls' room)
  • School
  • Prep for the weekend (swimming/video work)
  • Like 6

Good morning!  DS14 is off to shadow at DS17's school.  WOOHOO!!  Free Day!!!!!

-coffee
-talk DS14 down off the ledge
-both kids leave

-meet with landscaper at 8:30
-meet with electrician at 1
-laundry DONE:  0
-clean kitchen
-vacuum house
-start organizing floor to ceiling shelves in library
-pick up DS14 at 3ish - DS17 bringing him home instead

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Hooray for almost-the-weekend! This has been a spectacularly non-productive week for me - I just couldn't get my butt in gear. Oh well!

FIL is still in the hospital and doing better, but dh and I are worried about what is going to happen when he returns home to the candy & cupcakes diet with no monitoring of his blood sugar. *sigh* Our lawyer is waiting on one more doctor's note and then our petition for guardianship will be filed. *fingers crossed* 

• school w/dd
  • office work (the last little bit of end-of-the-month stuff)
  • make grocery list
  • tidy up house
  • order vitamins
  • get Thai food for lunch
  • see if dd wants to stop at Kohl's, Michael's, or the bookstore
  • Natural Grocers 
  • come home & do evening chores
  • dinner: ?? something that doesn't involve more than turning on the oven or microwave
  • Like 5

Hooray for a fun Friday!! Regular stuff in the am, but fun later.

• Drop ds at tutorial.
  • Aldi
  • Some housecleaning.
  • Drop kids at my mom's.
  • Lunch with friends.
  • Pick up Dd and go out to dinner with other friends.
  • Take dd to hear Angelina Stanford speak at New College Franklin tonight! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Well, I wasted too much time yesterday & last night.  Now I'm in a rush again.  Ugh!

I had to drive one kid to school because of poor time managing on her part and mine.  Other kid is staying home sick.

I have 2 very big reports due plus a number of invoices and minor but urgent transactions.

And I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

• Like 6

Good morning! It is cold and rainy today- but tennis continues. I have a few things to get done this morning and then I have chauffeur duties.

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • kitchen/laundry
  • bathrooms
  • ds3 to hit with friend
  • read a little
  • pick up ds3 and take to hit with faraway tennis group- dh might come 
  • wait somewhere around there
  • drive home right away or stop for dinner- depends on traffic
  • home

Have a great day!

• Like 5

The party continues here! 😝. This is dh’s last day off (excepting the weekend, of course, but that’s normal) , so he and I are off on a day date.  Three kids are staying with nana, while one is off to spend the day with a friend. 

🎉

• Like 6

Morning, all!  Selkie, glad to hear FIL is feeling better.  Hope things go favorably for you...it's hard to believe they could release him without plan in place.  

Today is my last day of spring break...dd has had a nasty cold so not up to doing much.  We started out yesterday, had to turn around and come home.  

To do:

coffee, breakfast

do something with my hair...(roots) trying new product

shower, dress

well check up with podiatrist (also have a recurring ingrown toenail problem/hopefully has a solution)

probably do some selfish impulse shopping for self on that side of town (bookstore, office store, SteinMart)

straighten closet, vacuum front part of house

work on lesson plans

watch some basketball

pizza for dinner (something else for me)

read for 52 week challenge

Have a great day!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, readinmom said:

Morning, all!  Selkie, glad to hear FIL is feeling better.  Hope things go favorably for you...it's hard to believe they could release him without plan in place.  

Thanks for the well wishes. There is a plan, but unfortunately, it will not be followed. FIL has dementia and can't take care of himself at all. There is a family member living with him as his caretaker and that person refuses to follow doctor's advice on diet, monitoring of blood sugar, or anything else. 

Dh and I have been trying to get him in a better living situation for months, but dh's siblings have been burying their heads in the sand and haven't wanted to take any action. They are worried about offending the caregiver, even though they acknowledge that she is very neglectful. The lack of attention to his diabetes is just the tip of the iceberg - he is being neglected in many other ways. So dh and I have had enough of waiting for his siblings to grow a backbone, and have decided to file for guardianship on our own.

• Like 5

And I have to have part of my toenail taken off...I knew it was coming.  I want to be very pro aggressive with this.  My dad's feet were a mess towards the end, and it was downright nasty and ugly.  My doctor is well aware of how I feel, is equally aggressive, so doing this will eliminate any other ingrown nail on that toe.   

I comforted myself with some retail therapy.  Found a dress I loved at SteinMart, so hard to find what I consider a normal length anymore.  This one hits just below the knees.  Perfect!  I also bought a replacement tan sweater that dd swears she did not take and misplace. 😉

Stopped at Walgreens and bought dd a hair dryer that was on sale.  Like the look of this one, curved style 

Elder ds is coming to the house to meet us, go to Friday night pizza.  

Hope everyone's day has been productive!  TGIF

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

The party continues here! 😝. This is dh’s last day off (excepting the weekend, of course, but that’s normal) , so he and I are off on a day date.  Three kids are staying with nana, while one is off to spend the day with a friend. 

🎉

Dh and I had a fun day—some hiking, a couple of meals out, some coffee at a coffee shop. I also got a haircut—my first since October! (This is unusual for me.) 

Now to pick up the kiddos and crash. 

• Like 3