Menu

Who’s going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning! Ds arrived at the Atlanta airport late last night, so I'm tired this morning.

Margaret, praying for your dh! 

The usuals are done: dh's breakfast, lunch, cats fed, one cup of coffee.

To Do:

• more coffee
  • meals   breakfast and lunch done
  • take ds to a haircut appointment
  • tutor 1 student
  • finalize all co-op classes, work on a plan for our meeting tomorrow where we will set the schedule of classes for next year, pack up
  • ds' laundry
  • start packing to leave town tomorrow afternoon 
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Dh and I spent several hours yesterday getting information together to file for legal guardianship of FIL, who is 84 y.o. with dementia and a myriad of other health problems. We have many concerns about his current situation, and one of the biggies is that FIL is diabetic and his caregiver (a family member) doesn't check his blood sugar and feeds him a steady diet of sweets. Dh's siblings (who are intelligent and educated enough to know better) have pooh-poohed our concerns and refused to take any action. 

Well, FIL ended up in the hospital last night because he was so weak and shaky that he couldn't stand up. Turns out his blood sugar was 460. Dh was there for several hours last night and is headed back now. Will this incident knock some sense into his siblings? Doubtful.🙁

• school w/dd
  • office work (wrap up March paperwork and bills)
  • make a menu plan and grocery list
  • keep working on getting rid of horses' winter coats (55 degrees today! but snow this weekend👎)
  • unpack UPS boxes in garage
  • dust & vacuum main floor
  • make almond milk
  • read
  • dinner: either frozen pizza or Amy's canned soup - we are in dire need of groceries!
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

Selkie, how long will the legal process take to conclude yea or may on guardianship?

Margaret, keeping you and your dh in my prayers.

Dh is gone to work. Kids will be up soon.

• School  
  • Move money in the budget to account for some unplanned eating out this weekend.
  • Shop for jeans  
  • Laundry.  
  • Make eye appt.
  • Take ds to an activity  
  • AHG with Dd.  
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Morning, all!        Margaret, prayers for your dh; Selkie, hope your fil is doing better.  

To do:

fasting blood test, so of course I'm up early craving coffee

breakfast, coffee 

vacuum what I missed yesterday

laundry

lesson plan for last unit of the year

order Kraft paper for project to go with unit

renew library books and read for 52 weeks challenge

enjoy opening day of baseball

grilled chicken for dinner, asparagus (unless we go ball park food, which means I'll still have grilled chicken and asparagus 🙂 )

Have a great day!

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Good morning!

Selkie, how long will the legal process take to conclude yea or may on guardianship?

Scout, best case scenario would be about a month, but it depends on whether anyone contests it. Unfortunately, there are several people involved who are more interested in his money than his well being, so they are resisting any change to the status quo. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I flaked yesterday because we went on a little family adventure by way of a road trip.  It was an exhausting day!  Managing my four children, two of which have some extreme anxiety issues (and are TEENAGE GIRLS! 😅) was taxing to say the least. Add into that my own anxiety (which I am managing but still spikes periodically), and whew! I was pretty much a zombie by the time we got home.

I’ve made the executive decision to not do school with my boys today.  I have SUCH a hard time when dh is off work—do I try to maintain some semblance of our schedule? Do I just call it all off? My “good homeschool mama” nature says keep up the schedule; my “I must stay sane” nature says give it up! 

So today I’m choosing sanity and getting dh to help me do some cleaning out in our library in anticipation of a trunk sale next week at co op. I have SO MUCH homeschool stuff that needs to go! 

We do have a hike this afternoon with friends, so there is that. 

Today:

coffee/reading

Shower

go through books and curriculum in the basement to fill a few boxes for the sale (ongoing—filled two boxes already—I have a LOT of stuff!)

lunch

hike

visit my parents while dh takes ds8 to soccer practice 

laundry, of course 

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 5

• Laundry (it never ends)
  • Kitchen Clean up
  • NCAA Forms (LegoManiac) (ongoing)
  • Register PonyGirl NCAA (and work on her NCAA forms)
  • Pony Girl's College List
  • Clean up ONE area to prepare to pack

Edited by LisaK in VA is in IT
  • Like 6

Good morning! Prayers for everyone today. As far as I know, I have the day at home today. It is going to be warm again, a few of the more adventurous trees have buds.

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • letter to ds1
  • laundry
  • library?
  • more chores- but the house is looking pretty good with only three of us here
  • read a little/write some more
  • hassle my flaky friend about dinner plans- maybe- probably just not worth it
  • dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Howdy!  Hoping for a super productive day - even though I slept most of it away so far....

Aside from seriously getting those projects out to my clients already, I have the plumber coming sometime this afternoon.

The kids have various tests and quizzes tomorrow, so after their TKD class, they need to buckle down and study.

Other than that - whatever gets done.

I am already looking forward to the weekend - to catch up on what I couldn't do last weekend.  Houseguests - you gotta love them, but they do mess with routines.

• Like 4

Selkie-  I understand.  My MIL was 80 pounds and starving to death but then getting highs in the 600's with unmanaged diabetes when she did eat.  Even my dh, who is an RN, reverted to the family dynamic of putting their head in the sand because "whatever MIL wanted, she got".  I had to become the very strident wife, DIL and SIL to get people to understand that someone with severe dementia was not capable of being the family matriarch anymore and that starving to death is not "death with dignity" but is actually a very painful way to die.  She had a good last two years of her life. 

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

I flaked yesterday because we went on a little family adventure by way of a road trip.  It was an exhausting day!  Managing my four children, two of which have some extreme anxiety issues (and are TEENAGE GIRLS! 😅) was taxing to say the least. Add into that my own anxiety (which I am managing but still spikes periodically), and whew! I was pretty much a zombie by the time we got home.

I’ve made the executive decision to not do school with my boys today.  I have SUCH a hard time when dh is off work—do I try to maintain some semblance of our schedule? Do I just call it all off? My “good homeschool mama” nature says keep up the schedule; my “I must stay sane” nature says give it up! 

So today I’m choosing sanity and getting dh to help me do some cleaning out in our library in anticipation of a trunk sale next week at co op. I have SO MUCH homeschool stuff that needs to go! 

We do have a hike this afternoon with friends, so there is that. 

Today:

coffee/reading

Shower

go through books and curriculum in the basement to fill a few boxes for the sale (ongoing—filled two boxes already—I have a LOT of stuff!)

lunch

hike

visit my parents while dh takes ds8 to soccer practice 

laundry, of course 

We had a great hike with friends and the kids enjoyed getting into the creek.  Now I’m off to our local farm/outdoor store for my dd13 to buy stuff for chickens.  Also, a quick grocery trip and then out to see my parents are on the agenda. 

The fun never stops! 😝

• Like 4

I'm about to start dinner. Dh took ds to swim, so they'll be home around 7:30. 

I'm still finalizing my class stuff for tomorrow, but I've made a lot of progress. 

I keep thinking of things I need to do since we're leaving town tomorrow. I have to pay bills before we leave! 

• Like 3