Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
happysmileylady

I don't want to go camping

This is mostly just a special needs whine

DD8 is a Brownie Girl Scout, and DD10 is a Junior.  DD10's troop is already signed up to go to the GS service unit camp out on 5/3.  I was counting my lucky stars that I didn't have to go because, honestly, I *hate* camping   I have participated in ENOUGH GS camping expeditions to know that I hate it.  I went to day camps and resident camps as a kid scout, and attended troop camp weekends as a parent and as a troop leader.  I just don't like it.

After DD10's troop confirmed adult participation, I figured I was clear.  Then, today, DD8's troop texts that they want a headcount.  *sigh* I didn't even know that they were planning to attend the service unit camp out.  They mentioned a "lock in" at a museum...which I am ALLL for....and a couple other things...but this is the first I remember about that troop at that event.   

Of course, I won't deny DD8 the opportunity just because I hate camping.  But I am pretty sure no leaders want her there without me.  And, even if they did....I would probably not be comfortable sending her without me.  She wandered off at a softball parade, a GS camp is a huge place to get lost in.  

I am wondering how much I can stay out of the actual "action" and just be there as simply the eye on DD that makes sure she doesn't disappear.  

I don't like to camp.  I love GS, I love the opportunities, I love that kids get to camp....I don't wanna.

Aww, me, too. Dh handles the boy scouts and older dd didn’t do GS. Younger ddwants to join scouts now that she can and I am just afraid I will have to camp! I’m sorry. 

Me too. The boys both quit Scouts this year and I heaved a sigh of relief. Cooking over the campfire in our backyard is more my style.