Menu

I have spent the whole day

Mom0012

on my dd’s course descriptions and guidance counselor letter.

And this, by far, is not the first day I’ve worked on the course descriptions.  But, I feel like I’ve made great progress today and am especially relieved that I have finally gotten my inspiration for the guidance counselor letter. I had been having a major mental block about writing it until today.

Edited by Mom0012
  • Like 13

good for you!!! this reminds me... i need to start for next year. when my ds was in 9th grade, it felt like forevvvvvvver until i had to think of these things. now he's a junior and fast approaching application time. yikes! double yikes!! triple yikes!!! 

so super awesome for you! now maybe once june comes, i can quickly get my butt into gear... 😜

• Like 1

Thanks! When my son applied a couple of years ago, it felt like I spent half the summer pulling the material together.  So, I have a head start on some of this with my dd because of what I did for him.  I want to get this done so I can focus on helping her finish researching schools early in the summer so she can write all, or at least most, of her essays before her classes start in the fall. And then I hope to have one last lovely low-stress year with her at home.

• Like 1

Wow...course descriptions. My oldest will be starting 9th grade next year, so I'm trying to learn all I can about what goes into the college app!

I have a question for you... If your child completed a high school level class before 9th grade, do you include that class in your course descriptions? A while back, I had posted a question about whether or not to include my kiddo's summer math on her transcript, and in the many helpful replies I got, Mom0012, you gave an example of your daughter's math sequence where some classes were completed in 6th-8th grade. So, did you include those with your course description or only the courses that were done in 9th and up?

Thank you!

• Like 1

I’ve chosen to include all her middle school classes that were at high school level on the transcript, but have a notation that they were taken in middle school and no credit was given.  Almost all of my dd’s math and English classes were at high school level, though, and she took a number of years of foreign language in middle school.  If she didn’t have so many classes like that in middle school, I would have just listed them and given her credit,

There are many legitimate ways to handle it, though.  The best thing you can do to help yourself is to keep good records of all of your students classes and write the course descriptions as you go along.  Once you are ready to put the transcript together and have the whole picture in front of you, then you can figure out how you want to award credit.

ETA : I didn’t read your question carefully before replying.  Yes, I did include all of the middle school classes in the course descriptions.  

Edited by Mom0012
  • Thanks 1