Menu

Detoxing foot pads or other heavy metal detox options

kfeusse

I am looking into a heavy metal detox...and there are so many options available...and I have no idea where to start or what method is good.  So if you have done this and have some experience and recommendations, please share.

I am looking for an option for my daughter who has a corn allergies, so many things that can be taken orally  she can't have...so that is why I am also looking at the foot pad idea...but I don't want to spend money on a scam either.

Also, if you would, what are the "side effects" of a detox...what should we expect to happen?

Thanks.

I absolutely adore verseo detox foot patches! Seriously. Highly recommend.

Your body is naturally detoxing all of the time, so in my opinion the best detox is simply to not retox. Get a lot of cardio in, only drink water, only eat veggies and meat. No prepackaged food, no sugar, no alcohol, no attatives, no dairy, no grains. Veggies and meat.

Read It Starts With Food.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Slache said:

I absolutely adore verseo detox foot patches! Seriously. Highly recommend.

Your body is naturally detoxing all of the time, so in my opinion the best detox is simply to not retox. Get a lot of cardio in, only drink water, only eat veggies and meat. No prepackaged food, no sugar, no alcohol, no attatives, no dairy, no grains. Veggies and meat.

Read It Starts With Food.

so, do you use the foot patches every day.....forever...or is there a time when you just get to maintaining...or what exactly?  I found them on Amazon for $15 for 10 patches (or 5 days)...so that would end up be very expensive long term...is there a better place to buy them?  thanks.

1 hour ago, kfeusse said:

I am looking for an option for my daughter who has a corn allergies,

Are you hoping the detox will improve her corn and food allergies? The body will dump the toxins itself, sometimes with just very gentle prompting, if you provide the nutrients the body needs to replace them. The food allergies reverse as you rebuild digestion, or at least that's what the nutritionist I used did with me. She rebuilt digestion and then slowly began working on healing the leaky gut. The irony is that now Florastor will do a similar thing, repairing the lining of the gut, boom. 

Once we had rebuilt my digestion and my body was actually absorbing and using the nutrients, she began pushing detoxing with small amounts of pomegranate juice and occasional cilantro. Pomegranate juice is really strong stuff. I had had chelation years ago, and one glass of that juice made me as sick as chelation ever had. Now I'm fine with it, but wow at the beginning.

So I'm not sure what detoxing foot pads are. My feet crack when toxins (acid, whatever) are coming out. When I first started, I had cracks on my hands, which I figured were from years of cleaning without gloves.

Edited by PeterPan

1 minute ago, kfeusse said:

so, do you use the foot patches every day.....forever...or is there a time when you just get to maintaining...or what exactly?  I found them on Amazon for $15 for 10 patches (or 5 days)...so that would end up be very expensive long term...is there a better place to buy them?  thanks.

I buy them directly from verseo in packs of 90. I use them for about a week every 4 months or when I'm sick, whichever comes first. I can feel when I need to use them again.

• Like 1

I just finished a heavy metal detox for mercury under the direction of my doctor (a chiropractic internist). I've done the ionic foot bath many times. (I don't know the brand, as I used the one at my doctor's office.) Saunas are required for pulling it out of the fat, though, where a lot of heavy metals are stored. After you do the sauna, you need to take binders to pull it out of your body, since all the metals released from your fat don't get out through your sweat. I took glutathione and chlorella to bind to the loose mercury, both when I was doing the foot baths and when I was actively doing saunas. My doctor had me start with the foot baths to pull the mercury from my organs before moving on to doing saunas.

Stirring up mercury can exacerbate candida issues, as candida loves mercury (and I assume other heavy metals). This can cause stomach bloating and upset. If this happens, you need to take something to combat the candida, and you need to eat a very clean diet. I had to eat less carbs as well, as carbs can feed candida. Detoxing can also exacerbate infections, such as Lyme, for the same reason.

This Facebook group has more info about detoxing: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Saunadetox/. Check out the files section. Also research Dr. Ron Hubbard and Dr. Yu. I've done a lot of research about saunas, and this review lists 3 that are the safest available: https://cleverleverage.com/certified-saunas/. If you take niacin at least 80 minutes before you do the sauna, it can help release the heavy metals from your fat. (I believe Dr. Yu has a YouTube video about this.) Some people take huge doses, but I never had to go above 200 mg.

It's important to replace lost electrolytes, minerals, etc. when doing saunas. I used Ultima electrolyte powder. I also take a powerful multivitamin.

You could also look at Anthony William's heavy metal detox protocol. 

the footpads are a joke.

heavy metal detox should only be done under close medical supervision - as the same things that will remove those "dangerous" heavy metals - will remove iron and other necessary for life metals.

after his mercury levels came back = to swallowing the mercury in a thermometer, and under close medical supervision, we did daily glutathione injections for my (terrified of needles) son.  glutathione is a naturally occurring antioxidant and is a more middle of the road method of detoxing metals.  

glutathione powdered capsules are a waste of money - as it can't enter the cell.  you can do liposomal glutathione otc - and that's the only form that is actually useable by the body available otc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If you know that you are dealing with heavy metals or think so, you neeed a competent doctor to handle the situation.

I don’t think foot pads would do anything at all for heavy metals.  

But if you manage to get toxic heavy metals moving out of fat or other places currently stored in body,  they can travel to brain or other locations possibly worse than where they are now, if no system is in place to get them safely out of body.  

I don’t see it as a do it yourself thing. And health can be made worse when trying to detox heavy metals.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gardenmom5 said:

glutathione powdered capsules are a waste of money - as it can't enter the cell.  you can do liposomal glutathione otc - and that's the only form that is actually useable by the body available otc.

I was looking up NAC due to thread on OCD where it was discussed.  Looks like NAC is a glutathione precursor and may actually be effective for heavy metal detox.  

But I think things like lead and mercury etc are so dangerous that a competent doctor is needed if a child has had heavy metal poisoning.

I am not arguing that the foot patches remove metals. They claim they do, they make my feet feel good and make me feel like I've lost 20 pounds (no physical weight loss, I just feel lighter). I love them. I don't care if they're snake oil.

56 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Did I miss something about them being proven effective?  

Yes. A study done by Stanford verified that they remove nickel and a few other things. Of course I can't find it now. And maybe that's because they've proved the study was a fraud. I don't care. I loves me patches.