Menu

Do you have a favorite book light?

amyx4

We seem to have the worst luck with book lights.  I just bought everyone a new one for Christmas and half of them are not working any more. Does anyone have a favorite brand or style? 

The kids like the kind that can clip to the book.  Thanks

I love my Mighty Bright...I have 2.  The first one still sorta works, but I have dropped it several times, and I  think some of the wires of loose.  It starts to dim, so I sort of flick it, and it helps.   I ordered a second one, not realizing  it is actually a music light.  It is extremely bright!  They don't go through batteries quickly.

I just looked, and I ordered my 2nd one in June of 2016.  So, my first one was probably purchased 2014 or so.

I've never had good results with a clip on book light.  My nightstand drawer was littered with ones that stopped working way too fast.  I like the Light Wedge better.  They last much longer and they don't blind you if you aim it the wrong way, which can be a problem for the driver if used in the car at night.  (And it holds my book open.)  

I absolutely adore this amber colored booklight: https://www.amazon.com/SomniLight-Rechargeable-Amber-Book-Light/dp/B071XJZM5Y

While there are 2 lights with low and high on each side, I almost always use only 1 light on low and that's enough for middle of the night reading. I struggle with insomnia from time to time and find this does not interfere with sleep and actually helps me get sleepy. I also like that it is rechargeable either with an outlet or through USB to my laptop. I've had mine at least 2 years and recently bought one for my 9yo DD who was reading too late at night.

It has a clip for clipping onto books but I cannot speak to its effectiveness. I prefer putting the booklight on my chest facing the book.