Menu

What's with the ads?

teachermom2834

Surprise scholarships (and an outright brag)

What an amazing story!  Thanks so much for sharing it -- I'm so excited for your ds!

• Like 1

That is wonderful!!!  So great for your ds to see at a young age that hard work and character pay off!  His maturity and work ethic will take him far.  You have every reason to be proud.  So glad his financial burden is lifted for his last year.  Wonderful!

Edited by JazzyMom
  • Like 1

I graduated from Hendrix, and which is also part of the SAA. Your description of Oglethorpe and your son sounds so familiar to me - so many of my classmates at Hendrix weren't the world's brightest, but they were passionate, humble, hard-working students that blossomed at college.  So glad to know these schools still exist out there! May your son only have continued success!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, heres_a_llama said:

I graduated from Hendrix, and which is also part of the SAA. Your description of Oglethorpe and your son sounds so familiar to me - so many of my classmates at Hendrix weren't the world's brightest, but they were passionate, humble, hard-working students that blossomed at college.  So glad to know these schools still exist out there! May your son only have continued success!

Yes! Ds applied to most of the SAA (except Hendrix and Millsaps due to distance from home). They are small schools, certainly not right for everyone, but with nice opportunities for some kids that fit. I was pretty unsure of his choice when he started out but it just has worked out so nicely. 

Thanks so much, to everyone, for sharing in my excitement. I watch what I share in real life beyond those very closest to us but I was anxious to share somewhere 🙂

This speaks well of you, your son, his university, the professors, and the alumni network. All wins. Thanks for sharing this story!

• Like 1

Many congrats.  Most happy for you, what joy for all of you and encouragement for all our homeschool families. 

• Like 1

What a great story, teachermom. I'm glad you were there to see the awards in person. Kudos to your son!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

That is so wonderful!! Congrats to your son! It's always SO nice to see their hard work noticed and rewarded by other people. 🙂

• Like 1

That is a really, really nice post--and a great life lesson about working hard, delaying gratification, sacrificing, and persisting. Good on him! Brilliant!

That is really neat.  How wonderful to see his hard work and attitude recognized.  

And thanks for sharing the school.  You don't have to go to a school that everyone recognizes to have a fruitful life.

• Like 1