Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
poppy

Science Fair Idea involving baby chickens

My daughter wants to participate in the science fair and wants to involve our chicks (which will be about a month old). I'm stumped, and am crowdsourcing ... Got any fun ideas?

Depends on how long she has. Experiments about chick growth would be easy if you have several weeks: measure (weight probably easiest) each chick, randomly divide them into a control group and an experimental group, carry on as usual in chick care for the control group, but make some change of your daughter's choosing in how the experimental group is treated. Could be a change in food, playing music for them or talking to them, handling them extra, whatever. Make hypothesis about the expect of the experimental treatment. At the end of the study period, measure chicks again, and write conclusions based on what she finds.

Thanks all! She has settled on "will feeding a mealworm a day for 2 weeks help a chick grow bigger than one who doesn't get a mealworm a day?"  
I have told her to not feed the mealworm to that one chick in front of the others.   No stress.

• Like 2