Menu

What should I get with my Memoria Press gift card?

RootAnn

So, Memoria Press sent me a $10 gift card as a Christmas gift. Yeah!
I've been pondering for months what to get. I only use their Latin on a regular basis. I don't need new levels of Latin. I already have & use their English Grammar Recitations (not the workbooks, just based off their questions), and their lower grade recitations (as part of our memory). 
I could pick up a few more grade levels of their recitations, but they get much more into the subject material in upper grades, so ... maybe not.
I could pick up their states & capitals flashcards.
Other ideas I should consider? (Remember, I only have $10 to spend. Shipping isn't included in the gift card amount, but I'm okay with ending up paying $5 including shipping.)

48 minutes ago, DiannaKennedy said:

I always end up misplacing my GC at Christmas. Darn it!!

I know it's not in your price point, but have you seen the NEW Latin Grammar Recitation set? I've had it in my cart for a while. 

And -- if you spend over $75, shipping is free in March. 🍀

Oh my.

SO tempting.

But, I already have MP Latin flashcards for 1st through 3rd Form, their Latin Grammar book, and recitation lists for First & Second Form. 

I know what you mean about misplacing the gift card. I found mine when I was cleaning a couple weeks ago.

Love hearing about new stuff, so thanks for pointing that out!!

On 3/27/2019 at 8:34 AM, 2_girls_mommy said:

Bit I'll second the art cards. We've owned the set that's labeled kindergarten and gotten years of use from them- long past kindergarten.

I have at least one set. We don't use 'em enough to get more.

19 hours ago, DiannaKennedy said:

I'll be honest, I've never been successful with being consistent with recitation. Maybe I'm over thinking it. 

We have "memory" three times per week (usually with two kids grouped together in 30 min chunks). This is when I do memory work- grammar, Latin, poems, prayers, science or math facts (like unit conversions or types of mountains), and general stuff when they are younger like months of the year or their address. I pull from all sorts of sources. I use notecards in a filebox, but would love to switch to Anki. My kids need the repetition. Anything they learn that I want them to remember go onto notecards & into the rotation.

52 minutes ago, DiannaKennedy said:

I'll file this idea away for next year. We've reached the point of the year when NO ONE wants do school. Including momma. 

Absolutely! I'm at the point where I want to look at new things to plan next year (thus the gift card question), but we seemed to have just hit our stride in January. We'll all be sick of school in a month or so - or when the weather gets nicer. (It went from really cold/snowy to super wet & muddy here.)

8 hours ago, DiannaKennedy said:

MAYBE ---- drop them an email and see what they say. If you are coming to the GHC Cincy event, please say hi! I'll be working the booth all weekend!

Yes! I will be there working in the IEW booth part of the time. 😃