Menu

Let’s Make Art

For those of you who are not artists and who are intimidated by art, I randomly saw an ad for Lets Make Art on Facebook and decided to give it a shot. It is a subscription service but you can also buy individual kits.  

Instead of subscribing, I bought a couple past kits that had projects I thought my daughter would enjoy. The kit comes with a sample of the completed project, basic directions, 2 pieces art paper, carbon paper, an outline of the project, and the paint. You can buy brushes from them but I bought a set from amazon. 

On YouTube they then post two videos showing how to paint your project. One is the instructor doing a tutorial and the other is a live stream where you can follow along with the instructor and a couple other people.  I found it incredibly helpful and pretty easy to follow along. We did pause the video a couple times to catch up. There was enough paint for two complete paintings, possibly three if we knew what we were doing.

I thought I would share for those of you looking for new art ideas, I am not affiliated with them in any way. The left is mine, right is my 9 year olds. It was my first time painting anything and the first time using watercolor for both of us.

Here’s the link for those interested:https://www.letsmakeart.com/

A12B1400-BAE5-490B-B2DA-385873A8AC05.jpeg

Edited by Rachel
Link
  • Like 3

We love LMA! I was able to buy liquid watercolors and watercolor paper. Now we just download the outlines (free on the LMA website) and watch the YouTube videos. The live paint along videos go into a little more detail and have some technique practice at the beginning, where as the tutorial only videos skip some of that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, amiesmom said:

We love LMA! I was able to buy liquid watercolors and watercolor paper. Now we just download the outlines (free on the LMA website) and watch the YouTube videos. The live paint along videos go into a little more detail and have some technique practice at the beginning, where as the tutorial only videos skip some of that.

That’s a fantastic idea, thanks for sharing!