Menu

WHY does this happen to my Fitbit?

Ginevra

I have a Charge 2; it is about 1 1/2 years old. When I first got it, I used the black band that came with it. But after a few months, the band would pop off on one side of the Fitbit. So, I changed it to the purple band that came with it. That worked for a while, but now it is doing the same thing. It’s like it never really connects firmly on that side. 

Have you experienced this problem? Does it have to do with the band or the unit itself?  I never change the band once I put it on initially. I don’t remove the unit from the band on any regular basis; I put it on there and then keep it that way. So WHY is this happening? 

22 minutes ago, Martha in GA said:

Yes, I've had that problem. I think I'm on my third or fourth band, as is my husband. The problem is that a little piece of the band breaks off, so it no longer hooks securely. At least these bands are replaceable, unlike the Firbit 1 band issues that made the watch unusable.

I had one of the early wrist models that came w a year warranty and by month 9 the band was falling apart. After I pitched a fit they replaced it with a refurbished unit and three months later that band was separating just like my first one had. But by then a year had passed since my initial purchase and they only offered me $10 towards a new one...and made me feel like they were bending over backwards. So glad they now have replaceable bands but sheesh, can’t that last longer????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Which kind of Fitbit do you have?  I have found the band on the Blaze to be the most durable. And the charger for that one hasn’t broken like other models after a year or two. 

It’s the Charge 2. I haven’t had any problems with the charging adapter. Only the bands which are just not lasting for me. 

I have had that problem. I bought a new band from amazon called Greeninsync. It’s metal and it wears like iron. Seriously, through all my milking fencing dirty nasty hard chores, that band has been just fine. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DL4951X?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

Edited by fairfarmhand
  • Like 1

I had that problem until I bought a couple of black metal bands from Amazon.  I haven't had any trouble with the bands since.  I do have to be careful with certain fabrics because it will snag but I usually put it in my pocket on the days I'm having trouble with it.

• Like 1