Menu

Bluetooth Headphone Problems

SquirrellyMama

I've tried Googling this issue, but I'm not coming up with anything.

I have used a pair of bluetooth headphones that I really like. They work, they are comfy, and inexpensive. Unfortunately, I lost them. Finally got around to buying a new pair. 

I connected them to my Chromebook, and after 5 seconds they disconnected. Tried again, same result. I tried connecting them to my phone, but it couldn't find them. 

I exchanged the headphones today. I connected it to my phone, and it worked perfectly. After an hour I connected it to my Chromebook. After 5 seconds they disconnected. Tried again, same result. Now, my phone can't find them. 

Like I said, I've used this exat same headphones with both my phone and my Chromebook in the past 6 months. I've tried restarting all of the devices, and turning the bluetooth off on one device while connecting to the other device. 

What is happening? 

18 hours ago, Mergath said:

I'm not an expert when it comes to Chromebooks, but do you have Newblue enabled? Supposedly it fixes a lot of the glitches Chromebooks have with bluetooth pairing.

I have no idea, I'll check. Thanks!

I did figure out how to do a reset on my headphones. They now work with my phone again. I'll use my other pair (different brand for my Chromebook) until I figure out the issue.

Kelly

• Like 1

I don't have any advice, except to say that bluetooth is known to be pretty wonky.  My phone occasionally forgets either my garmin watch or my headphones.  Then it's a question of turning devices on/off, turning bluetooth on/off, telling phone to "forget" the accessory, then re-find it, telling accessory to forget the phone, then re-find it.  It's crazy annoying and often times the fix just magically starts working 2-12 hours later.  Go figure.