Menu

What's with the ads?

For the first time in his life, my 6yr old son got himself up in the middle of the night to go potty!  Wooo Whoo!  He has been potty trained for 3.5 yrs, but night time we could NEVER get him up to potty.  I tried to push, but, Goodnights are a thing for a reason, I decided when he's ready he's ready and this is our first sign so yay!

Of course......it's not actually "the middle of the night."  He was up at 5am.  As far as he's concerned, that's middle of the night because it's totally dark out, and he's gone back to bed for at least another 2 or 3 hours of sleep (it's the weekend so probably 3.)  

And, he woke me up by talking to himself while going potty.  And now I am awake and can't go back to sleep.  Even if I could, I have a lot to do today and had planned to be up at like 6:30 anyway, so going back to sleep wouldn't have given me much more sleep.  

BTW, I am NOT a morning person.  Just...NOT.  

But my son is now back in bed, sound alseep.........and dry.

• Like 7

Yay!  Still waiting for that day.  I've also been up since 5 am, because 3 year-old had a nightmare.  He won't leave his room when he wakes up.  He just lays there and calls for me (ugh!).  My teenagers have a huge track meet this morning, so I had to be up soon anyway.

Yay indeed! That's great news. I'm reading this a bit late, so my thought may be moot this time. But I hope you did something special for breakfast to celebrate. Positive reinforcement and all that. (It's SUCH a relief to be able finally to stop buying the Pullups and/or washing bedding multiple times a week. You're getting there.)