Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning! 

Dh and dd14 are off to a rocketry competition dh helps with.  I SO value our Saturdays that I’m a bit bummed about that, but dh is off next week for spring break, so I can’t complain too much. 

Today:

go for a walk

coffee/reading/writing

fold laundry in dryer (Still haven’t put away.)

take a bunch of clothes back to Sam’s for a refund 

take dd13 to thrift store for glassware for candle making (her newest artistic endeavor) 

clean bedroom

Do some kitchen prep and cooking for next week

take other kids to park or somewhere fun for them

watch movie and/or play game and/or do art with boys while dh and girls go to drivein to see Captain Marvel

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 5

Good morning!

• feed horses, dogs, and cats
  • take a quick shower
  • farrier is stopping by around 10:30 to take a look at dd's horse (we are still debating whether his lameness is from a laminitis flareup or if there is an abcess brewing in one hoof - fingers crossed for an abcess, because that is a much easier problem to deal with)
  • send ds20 to pick up a load of grain
  • need to run to Walmart for a couple things - or maybe have the kids go
  • make a bowl of chopped salad
  • make salad dressing
  • make banana/oat/berry cookies for dh
  • groom horses
  • read (The Foundling by Paul Joseph Fronczak - I was up until the wee hours reading this fascinating story)
  • dinner: we are going to have an Ikea feast with all the food we got yesterday - vegetable balls, rosti, cloudberry jam, etc.🙂 

ETA: Now that I am more awake, I remembered several more things that need doing today:

• fill water tank
  • scrub buckets
  • turn off automatic waterer and give it a good cleaning
  • unpack Chewy boxes
  • put together new Kuranda bed for dogs
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 4

Good morning! Slept in a little- I have a ton of things to do today- outside and inside. Dh has his own list, so today is a work day for sure.

• coffee/quick peruse of paper
  • drive to rent small tillers
  • home to unpack plants/soak bareroot roses
  • use the tiller- crossing fingers that it works well, goes quickly.
  • dig up some perennials and move to new bed. It's early, but I don't like them much and they are in the wrong spots, if they don't make it. No tears here.
  • plant roses
  • take tiller back if ready
  • stop at tree farm to check out a few things
  • work on inside: bathrooms, dust, etc
  • Mass- or tomorrow
  • burgers for dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Good morning! 

Dh and dd14 are off to a rocketry competition dh helps with.  I SO value our Saturdays that I’m a bit bummed about that, but dh is off next week for spring break, so I can’t complain too much. 

Today:

go for a walk

coffee/reading/writing

fold laundry in dryer

take dd13 to thrift store for glassware for candle making (her newest artistic endeavor)

clean bedroom

watch movie and/or play game and/or do art with boys while dh and girls go to drivein to see Captain Marvel

So far today (and it’s only 9:30 😂), instead of getting right on all the stuff on my list, I have:

written part of a blog post and prepped a few more 

sent a lengthy email to our co op families detailing an author event we’re hosting next month 🎉

joined The Masterpiece Society for dd13’s art next year (I’m excited about this and the fact that all of us can use it!)

And now I’ve got to go use the air compressor to air up ds8’s bike tire. 

Why do I make these lists? 😂

• Like 4

Done:

• Up in the wee hours binge watching a British show "Long Lost Family."
  • Up about 8am, late, to get kid 2 off to horse riding.
  • Packed hand-me-downs and gifts for niece.  (Had to cull out the junk my kid included in her box of toys - it included cut hair among other things????)
  • Kid to farm.
  • Through exact timing and luck, met my sister as she was heading in for a hair appointment - saved me about an hour of additional driving & dealing with BIL.    
  • A little planning, clutter cleaning, getting Kid 1 ready to go.
  • Checking emails & this site.

To do:

• More coffee.
  • Take kid 2 and pick up kid 1 from the barn.
  • Make kids clean up the car as our house guest will be riding in it.
  • Meet folks at restaurant.
  • Some manner of entertaining guest, in between working and making kids do their homework.
  • Laundry.
  • Whatever else gets done - bills, filing, calendar, work, etc.
  • Should try to wash my hair today, or it will look like crap at church tomorrow.
  • Like 6

Morning, all!  I should not have read all the car threads on here and got car envy.  We are not in the market for a car right now.  So, of course, Ds's car dies, more money to fix it than it's worth.  I think I know what I want in a new car, but wasn't planning on doing this so soon (hybrid, good cargo space, dog friendly).  We will replace one major part in the car, probably give him my car, and start a search.  Thankfully, it's spring break for me so I technically don't need a car.  

Anyways, to do:

drop dh off at work

coffee, breakfast

place order a Bed, Bath and Beyond for pick up

place Amazon order

finish books so I can make a library run in afternoon

research used cars

watch some basketball

Costco run

pick up dh at work

possible movie/dinner date with dh

read, relax

Have a great day!

• Like 5

I have had yet another really difficult night. With the exception of the night before last, I have had over two weeks of this. Despite working hard on my eating (and being very pleased with the very healthy veggie heavy dinners I have been making) I have been giving myself too many excuses for multiple sugary treats during the day. So that has to stop. And I hope that might help with the whole “waking up in a lot of pain in the middle of the night” thing because all my doctors can give me is a sympathetic “it sucks to be you” in doctor speak. 

Ok - now on with the day. I am halfway through the whole pet care process and I need to be a good little monkey and get myself back on track. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Good morning! 

Today:

go for a walk

coffee/reading/writing

fold laundry in dryer (Except for socks and putting away, which I hate)

clean bedroom

Do some kitchen prep and cooking for next week (so far: pork roast in crock pot and sweet potatoes roasted)

Also, fed boys lunch, listened to a couple of podcasts, and watched a couple of VIPKids videos while folding. 

• Like 4

Busy day here!

Here's what got done:

• farrier appt. (he thinks feet are looking good👍)
  • lots of horse chores (although some of them on my list are getting moved to tomorrow)
  • ds20 and dd got a load of grain and also went to the grocery store for me
  • cleaned out the fridge
  • made a huge bowl of chopped salad
  • made salad dressing
  • made quinoa
  • roasted two eggplants
  • made banana oat cookies, which are already almost gone
  • swept my office
  • did one load of laundry - more to go still...
  • unpacked Chewy order
  • dh and ds18 put the Kuranda bed together👍
  • decided I am not cooking dinner tonight, everyone is on their own🙂

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Good morning! 

Today:

go for a walk

coffee/reading/writing

fold laundry in dryer (Still haven’t put away.)

clean bedroom

I have also shredded the pork roast for meals this week.  Next it’s finishing kitchen cleanup and running some treats I picked up for my mom out to her. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

One load of laundry put in dryer 

one load put in the washing machine 

finished loading dishwasher and started it. 

Tested bloodsugar and it was perfect 

Jean, that's great news!  I've cut down to 20 carbs per day, hoping for improvement.  It's definitely made a huge difference, but makes going through certain shopping aisles torture.  Thankfully, someone on the boards mentioned this, and it's actually pretty good.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, readinmom said:

Jean, that's great news!  I've cut down to 20 carbs per day, hoping for improvement.  It's definitely made a huge difference, but makes going through certain shopping aisles torture.  Thankfully, someone on the boards mentioned this, and it's actually pretty good.  

Yeah, after that I had too many grapes for a snack and my sugar went up!  Not super high but higher than they should be. Should have stuck to a chocolate cookie!  🙂

• Like 2