Menu

Placement into Cambridge Latin?

ALB

Has anyone transitioned into Cambridge Latin having already studied Latin?  My dd has finished all 4 of Memoria Press Form series and wants a break from the grammar-translation method.  What level should she begin Cambridge?  I don't want to waste too much time by putting her too far back, but I also want this next year to be an "enjoy Latin again" type of year (so not too terribly demanding).  She's going into 8th grade and plans to study Latin all through hs as well.

We are using the first book along with FFL this year.  There's more vocabulary, but for the most part it's a nice, enjoyable read that touches on the grammar that First Form pushes hard.  I know a lot of places use both book 1 and 2 in the first year, and then a book a year for 3 and 4. This site has the first section of book 1 available so you can see the format.

Thanks!  I do have a copy of Unit 1.  I guess I'm wondering whether we'd need to go through each book in order or if we can jump in at book 2 or 3.  Book 1 has lots of vocabulary that she hasn't learned, although the grammar is all very easy for her.