Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

Have fun, Selkie!

• school
  • update budget (today is payday)
  • watch bball. Hopefully the Vols will not lose in the early rounds this year.    Well, they squeaked by. I saw the highlights. 
  • call mom
  • AHG stuff
  • bookstore
  • go explore the location for Sunday's recital - need to know where to go!
  • figure out dinner
  • prep for tomorrow's hike! 
  • early to bed!
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Good morning Scout and Selkie! Good morning Jean!
Happy FRIDAY!!!

Sun is shining here and the urge to plant things is overwhelming (and would be stupid.) 😉

Coffee
Bible
Paperwork
Homework assignment for a writing class
Scrape the laundry room floor of 20 year old linoleum.
School with kiddos
Take DD to Spanish & Lit
Shower Cate - I'm looking at her hair this morning and thinking I must have missed her on Wednesday.  The child looks bedraggled.

• Like 6

I’ve missed this little brain dump.  Good morning, y’all! It’s sunny but chilly here in the Deep South.  I’ll take it!

so far:

laundry

reading

Bible

still to do:

shower and dress

more laundry (sheets today)

spaghetti sauce for crockpot (must get meatballs from freezer in basement)

school boys (done: math; reading aloud; added to our book caterpillar,; reading lesson with 5 yo; spelling lesson with 8 yo; both boys handwriting; 8 yo read aloud to 14 yo)

lunch (Plus The Andy Griffith Show!)

MEET WITH GIRLS about school work!

house stuff—general cleanup, lots of laundry to fold (three loads washed, some folded)

take dd14 to friend’s house

supper

grocery store

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 5

58 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Good morning!

We're taking a little road trip today. Not sure exactly what our plans are, other than Cheesecake Factory for lunch and Ikea. Hope everyone has a great day!🙂

Sounds like a perfect day! ❣️

• Like 4

Good morning!  Last day of spring break for DS14, and DS17 has no school today or Monday (he is loving Catholic school - in the 11 weeks so far this semester they have had something like 8 days off for seemingly no reason....).  I have really slowed down on getting the house organized.  Everything got unpacked so quickly but I have sort of hit a decorating/organizing wall.  We have so many huge built-ins in the office, dining room and great room and I don't know where to begin with my existing stuff.  First world problems.

Selkie, we used to call those "mystery rides" growing up.  You have inspired me for this weekend...

Hopeistheword, right?  Brrrrr.  It is 31 degrees here in SC.

-coffee
-take out trash
-argue with DH

-workout (kickboxing, and this will be 3 days in a row for workouts - in the new house our glass shower is right across from a huge mirror and seriously - who does this???)
-grocery store - sent DS17
-read (I am at least 4 books behind - time for a few short stories...)
-laundry DONE: 2 (and it dawns on me that i have no idea which of his three baseball uniforms DS17 needs tonight and whether it is washed)
-house stuff
-yard stuff
-basketball tournament (I hate basketball but I feel compelled to watch every moment of this - probably to avoid work)
-early dinner (spaghetti)
-be at DS17's baseball field at 6:45 - our family has to work the gate and snack bar tonight

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

I'm signing in late -- but I was up way early (about 3am)

I swam for 2 hours.  I am so sore.  I overdid it (this is my first week back in the pool (I haven't really trained in swimming for 35 years -- haven't really exercised consistently for 6), and today I tried to stay with my 10yo to keep her motivated).  My husband may have to peel me off the couch tonight.  On the upside, I swam for 2 hours.  

Working on college stuff with PonyGirl.

Laundry

At some point... I'll make it to the shower.

• Like 4

Good morning! I am ready for Friday, not that I don't have work to do this weekend- but it is looking to be beautiful spring weather. ds3 is under the weather- a cold, and a growth spurt are wiping him out. 

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • a few chores
  • garden- almost done breaking the sod on two huge beds
  • lunch with a friend
  • quick trip to Home Depot
  • home to get beds ready for some bareroot plants that are supposed to come tomorrow? Monday?
  • ds3 to tennis if he is feeling better
  • chores in house if it starts to rain
  • relax tonight

Have a great day!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

I’ve missed this little brain dump.  Good morning, y’all! It’s sunny but chilly here in the Deep South.  I’ll take it!

so far:

laundry

reading

Bible

still to do:

shower and dress

school boys (done: math, reading aloud, added to our book caterpillar)

lunch

house stuff—general cleanup, lots of laundry to fold

supper

grocery store

Update

• Like 5

Ugh, it's one of those days ... I have so much to do, everyone wants everything "right now," and I have trouble prioritizing when everything is an emergency.

We have a house guest coming tomorrow, so there is a lot to do today ... which is also a work day ... and I have several projects that should not wait until Monday ....  Oh, and the kids are home, not that that makes a huge difference at their age ....

Done:

• Clean for the maids (other than my bedroom).
  • Change out pet bedding / clean cages for both pets.
  • Get the kids to clean their rooms & start on their homework.
  • Make myself decent-ish.
  • Coffee up.
  • Catch up on emails, news, social media.
  • Started on "work" work.
  • A tiny bit of reading.
  • Got the maids started.

To do:

• Lots of work projects - need to prioritize.
  • Clean my bedroom.
  • Errands during work hours - 2 banks, FedEx.  (Need to get money for the maids among other things.)
  • Bills, filing.
  • Kids to TKD.
  • Dinner out.
  • All the laundry.
  • One or two shows in the evening?
  • Read-aloud?
  • Prepare hand-me-downs and birthday gift/card for niece.
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.
  • Like 5

Dinner's made - chx cordon bleu casserole and green beans.

Been to Kroger and Trader Joe's.

Checked Dd's science and math. 

Folded and put away a load of kitchen linens.

Working on packing my backpack for tomorrow. 

Stress in my shoulders and neck. So tight and painful. Wish I could get a massage today...

• Like 3

I did a few things on the list. But mostly had a great lunch with my friend, finished breaking sod so the tiller rental tomorrow won't be terrible, got some compost and mulch because the plants came this afternoon- ack.

I am tired and ready to pack it in- but I still have a few things to do in the house (put away laundry and clean off the kitchen table) and need to pick up ds3.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

so far:

laundry

reading

Bible

still to do:

shower and dress

school boys (done: math; reading aloud; added to our book caterpillar,; reading lesson with 5 yo; spelling lesson with 8 yo; both boys handwriting; 8 yo read aloud to 14 yo)

lunch (Plus The Andy Griffith Show!)

house stuff—general cleanup, lots of laundry to fold (three loads washed, some folded)

supper

grocery store

I’m down to JUST the not-so-fun stuff: laundry and general housekeeping tasks. The upside is I finished a FANTASTIC audiobook while folding clothes: News of the World by Paulette Jiles. 

• Like 2