Menu

random acts of kindness story

gardenmom5

I was going through a fast food drive through one day with my kids and when I pulled up at the window to pay I found out that the person in the car ahead of me had paid my bill. Total random act of kindness that left me smiling and feeling greater faith in humanity.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, maize said:

I was going through a fast food drive through one day with my kids and when I pulled up at the window to pay I found out that the person in the car ahead of me had paid my bill. Total random act of kindness that left me smiling and feeling greater faith in humanity.

This has happened to me twice! Once was at Chick Fil A and the other was at Starbucks, IIRC. 

• Like 2

What an awesome story. ❤️ 

My first car was 100% totaled, but all three of the cars I've had between then and my current car I gave to friends or neighbors who really needed some wheels. In each case the cars were 12-15 yrs old and needed some work (most of which a handy person could probably do themselves) but they were generally mechanically sound and they were worth far more to someone else than they were worth to me as a trade-in. I currently drive a 14 yr old Odyssey and if I ever replace it, I'll donate that too.

ETA: I grew up dirt poor, and my family always drove super cheap old beater cars, and I know how traumatic it can be when you suddenly have no working vehicle and fear losing a job because of it. I watched my parents go through that. So it makes me very happy to be able to fix that problem for other people.

Edited by Corraleno
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

What an awesome story. ❤️ 

My first car was 100% totaled, but all three of the cars I've had between then and my current car I gave to friends or neighbors who really needed some wheels. In each case the cars were 12-15 yrs old and needed some work (most of which a handy person could probably do themselves) but they were generally mechanically sound and they were worth far more to someone else than they were worth to me as a trade-in. I currently drive a 14 yr old Odyssey and if I ever replace it, I'll donate that too.

We were blessed to be able to do the same thing last year. We had a friend who really needed a vehicle and so gave her our extra van. It literally wasn’t worth trading in at the dealership but was still quite operational. The friend has since fallen on even harder times and I’m glad we were able to help in this way. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maize said:

This happened to my dd and I a couple of months ago.  The person who paid for our food cut us off turning into Sonic so I think he did it to make up for that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

We were blessed to be able to do the same thing last year. We had a friend who really needed a vehicle and so gave her our extra van. It literally wasn’t worth trading in at the dealership but was still quite operational. The friend has since fallen on even harder times and I’m glad we were able to help in this way. 

We did the same a couple of years ago, our van was twenty years old but still operational and had some recently replaced bits. We knew a family who had the exact same model and year of van, the husband also had pretty good mechanic skills. We gave them our van when we got a newer one figuring that between the two vehicles they could keep one of them running (i.e. one might serve as a parts reservoir for the other).

• Like 3