Menu

Put not-yet-vaccinated baby in gym daycare?

omishev

3 hours ago, omishev said:

Thanks for the encouragement! I wouldn't do it every day. I can tough it out through interruptions etc several days a week but it would be great to get two days at the gym. My husband doesn't do babies. They are pretty much all mine for the first year. But on the weekends he would watch the other kids if I could get the baby down for a nap or took the baby running with me. 

I do understand wanting to be active. I've done a hodgepodge of things- workout at home around the kids, go to the gym when dh could watch the kids, and working out with the kids. When ds was 9 months old my dh worked nights and I'd meet him at the gym when he got off so the baby was away from me the least possible amount of time, it worked well for our schedules. Maybe your little one will sleep well enough you could slip out for your once a week class before they got up once you were filling up to it.

I think the bigger issue is your husband not taking care of babies. My young ebf'd (never take a bottle babies) could stay with dad an hour or so while I worked out at home or at a gym. Some times would be better or worse than others depending on the kid and we'd have to tweak things. Life with young ones seems to be constantly evolving schedules as they start sleeping more at night, then drop naps, etc. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 3:23 PM, soror said:

I think the bigger issue is your husband not taking care of babies. 

Well, yes. That was a big issue with my first especially because she was the most difficult but with subsequent babies it was fine. He would take the older one(s) and I would do the baby. Like for bedtime, he would rather put the big kids to bed than deal with a cranky baby and I was happy to have that time to just snuggle the baby, go out for a walk etc.