Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

MaBelle

Do you ever realize weird stuff about yourself?

Recommended Posts

Like, I can completely accept the zombie apocalypse scenario but I can't accept the fact that zombies could run.  

If I think too hard I confuse myself.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My weird realization is that I tend to question everything in my head. Kind of like you and the zombies.  Which I’m now thinking about and will be for a while.  I always have random thoughts in my head and sometimes they come out in weird and random ways.  My dh calls me “squirrel”. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m also really interested in death and dying.  I’m not into dark stuff *at all* but I am fascinated with death, dying, the body, etc.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squirrel might be a sign of ADHD.  The symptoms are different in women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I’m so weird and I know it.  My husband and I are both quirky and just happen to have enough mental bandwidth to act normal in public and be sociable and reasonably civilized 🤣

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Katy said:

Squirrel might be a sign of ADHD.  The symptoms are different in women.

Oh, it’s definitely ADHD, without the H, probably.  If you could be around me irl, you’d probably say I’m pretty textbook.  ‘Squirrel’ is definitely fitting.  I think some people would probably say I’m flighty, in a negative way.  I’m actually fairly smart and I’m always, always thinking, but my attention span is about a zero.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The older I get the more I embrace the weirdness that is my brain. :wink:

(And the more I hope nobody ever, ever looks at my Google search history. :laugh:)

  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

The older I get the more I embrace the weirdness that is my brain. :wink:

(And the more I hope nobody ever, ever looks at my Google search history. :laugh:)

Oh, here’s just an idea of the things I’ve googled in the last 24 hrs: 

goosfraba

pete Buttigeig (maybe spelled wrong) 

Costco (I don’t even have one)

Bunny cookie cutter with the bunny butts 

tucker Carlson

Bagpipe

cabinet doors 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it makes you feel better, I spent a considerable amount of time two days ago googling grad school. Nobody in my immediate family is both a. graduated from college, or very nearly so and b. intending to go to grad school.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some people are just naturally curious and it comes out in all kinds of ways.  Random questions, googling something you’ll never need to know anything about (I google real estate from places I’ve never been, just for curiosity’s sake), wondering about the legitimacy of a zombie apocalypse.   Really, I think this stuff makes us smarter than the average person (ok maybe I’m trying to build myself up here, lolol).  We’re inquisitive people.  I’m ok with that.  And @MaBelle you never answered my question about the running zombies... lol. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: zombie apocalypse

I don't think zombies would be able to run. The zombies in the first two seasons of Walking Dead (the only seasons I watched) are somewhat believable.  They have locomotion and are able to ambulate. The zombies in World War Z? Nope, not having any of it. Turbo zombies? I don't think so.  

I used to surveille my surroundings and determine if the location was zombie safe. Could it be defended? Was significant fortification necessary? Was there adequate access to food and water? Granted, I was hanging around boy scouts between the ages of 13-18 but I found myself going through the process when they weren't around.

One time I caught myself wondering how the items in DH's truck could make a Dexter Kill Kit - tape, plastic, trash bags. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

I think some people are just naturally curious and it comes out in all kinds of ways.  Random questions, googling something you’ll never need to know anything about (I google real estate from places I’ve never been, just for curiosity’s sake), wondering about the legitimacy of a zombie apocalypse.   Really, I think this stuff makes us smarter than the average person (ok maybe I’m trying to build myself up here, lolol).  We’re inquisitive people.  I’m ok with that.  And @MaBelle you never answered my question about the running zombies... lol. 

Lol! I’m legendary in my household for this. We could be talking at the dinner table when someone asks or wonders about something tangentially related to the conversation and then they laugh because I’m whipping out my iPad to find out. I just can’t go on wondering, say, where most commercial honey comes from or whatever. On the plus side, I’m a ringer for Jeopardy! 

  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quill said:

Lol! I’m legendary in my household for this. We could be talking at the dinner table when someone asks or wonders about something tangentially related to the conversation and then they laugh because I’m whipping out my iPad to find out. I just can’t go on wondering, say, where most commercial honey comes from or whatever. On the plus side, I’m a ringer for Jeopardy! 

Funny, I’m good at jeopardy, too!  I’ve got random knowledge coming out my ears.   We were at dh’s Christmas party and someone at the table mentioned wondering something about a Clint Eastwood movie.  The lady looked over at me and said, “hold up, she’s whipped her phone out.  She must be googling.”  Yeah, it was probably rude, but I couldn’t just not look it up! I mean the answer to every question is right there in my purse!!  (And they wanted me to tell them the answer, too, so maybe not too rude!) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Quill said:

Lol! I’m legendary in my household for this. We could be talking at the dinner table when someone asks or wonders about something tangentially related to the conversation and then they laugh because I’m whipping out my iPad to find out. I just can’t go on wondering, say, where most commercial honey comes from or whatever. On the plus side, I’m a ringer for Jeopardy! 

Oh man my search history is so weird and random.  And yes, I’m awesome at trivia shows too!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not my weirdness, but yesterday I think I realized the extent of my daughter’s.

My uncle died and DD6 begged to go to calling hours, so I said yes.  She was so excited about going but I didn’t probe why.  I thought I’d explained everything well to her, explaining the lineup, the body in the coffin, what she should say, etc. It’s the first person she really knew who died.  When we got through the line to the body and my aunt, she threw herself into my aunt’s arms sobbing. We were surprised and my aunt asked if she was scared of the body. “No!!” DD6 wailed so loudly everyone in the whole room heard her. “I am sad! I thought there would be lots of dead people to look at and there’s only one!!!”

My daughter literally sobbed with disappointment for 20 minutes because there weren’t a multitude of dead bodies for her to inspect. 

My uncle would have laughed until he cried.

Edited by Medicmom2.0
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Medicmom2.0 said:

Not my weirdness, but yesterday I think I realized the extend of my daughter’s.

My uncle died and DD6 begged to go to calling hours, so I said yes.  She was so excited about going but I didn’t probe why.  I thought I’d explained everything well to her, explaining the lineup, the body in the coffin, what she should say, etc. It’s the first person she really knew who died.  When we got through the line to the body and my aunt, she threw herself into my aunt’s arms sobbing. We were surprised and my aunt asked if she was scared of the body. “No!!” DD6 wailed so loudly everyone in the whole room heard her. “I am sad! I thought there would be lots of dead people to look at and there’s only one!!!”

My daughter literally sobbed with disappointment for 20 minutes because there weren’t a multitude of dead bodies for her to inspect. 

My uncle would have laughed until he cried.

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious.  And if you see one of my posts above, it’s obvious your dd and I would be fast friends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious.  And if you see one of my posts above, it’s obvious your dd and I would be fast friends. 

 

6 minutes ago, Thatboyofmine said:

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious.  And if you see one of my posts above, it’s obvious your dd and I would be fast friends. 

 

I saw it lol which made me post this.  You’d be great friends.

I will admit that I have an MSW with an emphasis in child development, and nothing in any degree or class or parenting handbook has ever prepared me for that moment.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thatboyofmine said:

  I’m ok with that.  And @MaBelle you never answered my question about the running zombies... lol. 

Sorry, been gone all day.  

Classic zombies just don't run. (Night of the Living Dead, The Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead)  They stumble along and are easy to avoid if not in huge groups.

Newer zombies (millennials?? New Age??) are fast as $hit.  So are South Korean zombies.

I'd never stand a chance.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Accidental Coach said:

Re: zombie apocalypse

I don't think zombies would be able to run. The zombies in the first two seasons of Walking Dead (the only seasons I watched) are somewhat believable.  They have locomotion and are able to ambulate. The zombies in World War Z? Nope, not having any of it. Turbo zombies? I don't think so.  

I used to surveille my surroundings and determine if the location was zombie safe. Could it be defended? Was significant fortification necessary? Was there adequate access to food and water? Granted, I was hanging around boy scouts between the ages of 13-18 but I found myself going through the process when they weren't around.

One time I caught myself wondering how the items in DH's truck could make a Dexter Kill Kit - tape, plastic, trash bags. 

 

OMgosh, are you me???

When I get in elevators or walk up flights of steps zombies are front and foremost in my mind.  If I'm carrying I could take out six, but I'm not always armed.  In my doctor's office I was wondering if I could get out the window, walking in the gym tonight I wondered if there was anything in the medical kit that I could puncture zombie skull with.

I love Dexter too.  Watched all seasons multiple times.

If anyone saw my search history I'd be arrested.  That includes my family, I erase it regularly, trust only the cat. 

How in hell can you watch only two seasons of TWD??

Edited by MaBelle
I had another thought.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think about the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse All. THE. TIME. It's especially when I'm doing something wasteful. Like, meh, I'll just cut this bad part off and toss it. Nope, if it was after the zombie apocalypse, I'd have to eat that. I'm not going to bother with this last bit of the toothpaste that got squeezed to  the bottom. But if it was after the apocalypse, I'd totally be milking that whole tube. I'll just brick over this bit of the yard. But if it was after the apocalypse, we'd have to pull up all the bricks and try to grow things to eat.

ETA: The funniest part is that I don't think I'm fit to survive any apocalypse scenarios. If nuclear bombs hit DC, I'm in some of the "dead in a day" blast zones and I'm super good with that.

Edited by Farrar
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

But if it was after the apocalypse, I'd totally be milking that whole tube.

 

IDK. What's the percentage of survivors : zombies where you are? If there are a lot of zombies, they're presumably not too worried about dental hygiene, and you don't have too many people competing with you over the toothpaste stock. Plus I doubt it got looted too strenuously in the first wave. So long as you have a clear zone to the nearest stores and houses you can probably get yourself enough toothpaste to last you.

Quote

The funniest part is that I don't think I'm fit to survive any apocalypse scenarios. If nuclear bombs hit DC, I'm in some of the "dead in a day" blast zones and I'm super good with that. 

 

Then you definitely don't need to worry about your teeth. Loot a liquor store instead.

Edited by Tanaqui
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Brains are great. The only problem I have with mine is that my interests are short and intense; sometimes they are done in a day of heavy googling. 

Edited by StellaM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I don't worry about the apocalypse because 1. I dreamed it and there were no zombies but also 2. I am definitely dead in the first few weeks.

But I do sometimes think about how all the things we see will be covered by weeds and jungle someday, and that is both aesthetic and creepy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MaBelle said:

Like, I can completely accept the zombie apocalypse scenario but I can't accept the fact that zombies could run.  

If I think too hard I confuse myself.

In the grocery the other day, I saw Lean Cuisine has a line called "Origins." I made me laugh so hard bc it sounded like superhero stuff. ..like a superhero origin story. So I spent some time over the next few days wondering what cheese ravioli's origin story would be and whether it would be more interesting than bean enchilada's.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One morning when dh and I woke up, I looked it at him and asked, "Why doesn't gasoline freeze?"

It was the first thing I thought of when I woke up.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, unsinkable said:

In the grocery the other day, I saw Lean Cuisine has a line called "Origins." I made me laugh so hard bc it sounded like superhero stuff. ..like a superhero origin story. So I spent some time over the next few days wondering what cheese ravioli's origin story would be and whether it would be more interesting than bean enchilada's.

I read this and started laughing so hard I woke DH up. Seriously, too funny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MaBelle said:

OMgosh, are you me???

When I get in elevators or walk up flights of steps zombies are front and foremost in my mind.  If I'm carrying I could take out six, but I'm not always armed.  In my doctor's office I was wondering if I could get out the window, walking in the gym tonight I wondered if there was anything in the medical kit that I could puncture zombie skull with.

I love Dexter too.  Watched all seasons multiple times.

If anyone saw my search history I'd be arrested.  That includes my family, I erase it regularly, trust only the cat. 

How in hell can you watch only two seasons of TWD??

TWD - I just lost interest in it. I'm not sure why.

--

I grew up near Norad. I just knew if a nuclear war started I was toast. Seeing all of the military transports and artillery was wonderful for an over active imagination. I had to walk every where as a youth (too poor to drive) and I would pretend I was a secret agent carrying mission critical information. I would avoid cars and people and find new routes home from wherever I was. Sometimes I would time myself or give myself little challenges - "If I can make it to that corner before the light turns green, I will have successfully evaded capture." I believe I saved the human race from annihilation at least a few dozen times. You can thank me later.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love you guys. ❤️

And, LOL, yes, I am very aware of just how weird I am. 🙂 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I blurt out random things/questions all the time.  It's a family joke to try to follow the line back to where it came from.  "I thought of A, which made me think of B, which led to me saying C".  Once we were on a road trip and were quiet for a very long time, then I said, "Cantaloupes weren't very good this year".  Turns out we had gone by a field of something growing and I couldn't determine what it was.  After awhile, I thought about all the things that grow in my state that we are "famous" for.  One of those things was cantaloupes.  Makes perfect sense, see?  😊

Edited by goldberry
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Quill said:

Lol! I’m legendary in my household for this. We could be talking at the dinner table when someone asks or wonders about something tangentially related to the conversation and then they laugh because I’m whipping out my iPad to find out. I just can’t go on wondering, say, where most commercial honey comes from or whatever. On the plus side, I’m a ringer for Jeopardy! 

Googling for information whenever you have a random thought is really the most useful part about the internet in my opinion.  

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Publix literally in my backyard. I have always thought that would be helpful in case of a NEE. I also have a morbid interest in true crime and frequently google various methods of killing people. I hope no one in my life ever dies a suspicious death. 😀

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, goldberry said:

I blurt out random things/questions all the time.  It's a family joke to try to follow the line back to where it came from.  "I thought of A, which made me think of B, which led to me saying C".  Once we were on a road trip and were quiet for a very long time, then I said, "Cantaloupes weren't very good this year".  Turns out we had gone by a field of something growing and I couldn't determine what it was.  After awhile, I thought about all the things that grow in my state that we are "famous" for.  One of those things was cantaloupes.  Makes perfect sense, see?  😊

I can’t even begin to catalogue all the times I have shared some fact or wondered about something only to realize that many people don’t care about those things and  find that very odd. 

Once, I went out to dinner with a group of people to a fairly famous restaraunt in my area with “Tollhouse” in the name. At dinner, I wondered about this part of the name. A couple of people expressed mild curiosity about it as well, but when I got home, I looked it up. Then, I emailed my companions to tell them what I had learned: the to-me-alone fascinating history of the building that was once literally a tollhouse and is now a restaurant. I slowly became aware, though, that others did not find this fascinating. They were amazed I bothered to find out. 😐

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Quill said:

I can’t even begin to catalogue all the times I have shared some fact or wondered about something only to realize that many people don’t care about those things and  find that very odd. 

Once, I went out to dinner with a group of people to a fairly famous restaraunt in my area with “Tollhouse” in the name. At dinner, I wondered about this part of the name. A couple of people expressed mild curiosity about it as well, but when I got home, I looked it up. Then, I emailed my companions to tell them what I had learned: the to-me-alone fascinating history of the building that was once literally a tollhouse and is now a restaurant. I slowly became aware, though, that others did not find this fascinating. They were amazed I bothered to find out. 😐

That is fascinating.  They just have no curiosity 😌

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I critique clothing in zombie movies. Like if the end happened in 2012, why are you wearing that trendy new shirt. I think about what backpack (I'm a bit backpack obsessed) I would take with me, then I realize rule #1 is cardio and I'm doomed, so I'd have to shelter in place. I'd be the crazy woman guarding her personal library. Tag line - she survived the apocalypse and learned physics and Japanese in the same year!

I fully embrace my weirdness, but not everyone gets to see it. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all must be a little strange...

My main oddity: I won't breathe people's air. Meaning, if a stranger walks by me and I feel that waft of air from their passing, I hold my breath. I don't want to breathe in their perfume/BO/contaminated air. (I only do this at the mall or Walmart -- not home.) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, elegantlion said:

I critique clothing in zombie movies. Like if the end happened in 2012, why are you wearing that trendy new shirt. I think about what backpack (I'm a bit backpack obsessed) I would take with me, then I realize rule #1 is cardio and I'm doomed, so I'd have to shelter in place. I'd be the crazy woman guarding her personal library. Tag line - she survived the apocalypse and learned physics and Japanese in the same year!

I fully embrace my weirdness, but not everyone gets to see it. 

Double Tap is my favorite rule.  I mean, come on!  Duh.  Also works for serial killers.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Medicmom2.0 said:

DD6 wailed so loudly everyone in the whole room heard her. “I am sad! I thought there would be lots of dead people to look at and there’s only one!!!”

My daughter literally sobbed with disappointment for 20 minutes because there weren’t a multitude of dead bodies for her to inspect. 

My uncle would have laughed until he cried.

That's hilarious! It's also a tribute to your uncle that he would have thought it was funny.

12 hours ago, MaBelle said:

 So are South Korean zombies.

I had no idea South Korean zombies are different.

I wouldn't survive the zombie apocalypse. I'm a terrible runner and I'm clumsy. I'd be the one in the group who tripped over a pebble or maybe my own feet. Dh or another loved one would try to come back and help me and I'd have to yell "Go! Remember me but save yourself!" Then I'd be the reason the rest of the group survived, at least that time, because the zombies would stop to eat me, giving everyone else time to get away. 

12 hours ago, MaBelle said:

 

If anyone saw my search history I'd be arrested.  That includes my family, I erase it regularly, trust only the cat. 

 

Do not trust the cat. Never trust the cat. 

56 minutes ago, Quill said:

I went out to dinner with a group of people to a fairly famous restaraunt in my area with “Tollhouse” in the name. At dinner, I wondered about this part of the name. A couple of people expressed mild curiosity about it as well, but when I got home, I looked it up. Then, I emailed my companions to tell them what I had learned: the to-me-alone fascinating history of the building that was once literally a tollhouse and is now a restaurant. I slowly became aware, though, that others did not find this fascinating. They were amazed I bothered to find out. 😐

I would have found that interesting. Fortunately I have some friends who would have thought so too. I'd have been selective when deciding who to include in that email because I also have some friends who would have probably thought "Bless her heart for researching that and telling us the story". 

 

We're all weird in our own weird ways. My search history would have even my family scratching their heads, especially because of the variety of weird stuff I look up. Also, I'm a history nerd. I have many weird bits of lesser known history in my head and what's not stored there I often look up. There is often something niggling at my brain saying, "Wait. I read something about this. What was it?" Then I'd google.

A friend of mine reads both novels and non-fiction books on her iPad. Sometimes it takes her forever to finish a book because she's constantly looking up something she just read about in the book. I'm not much better. I like to pretend I am because I have a dedicated ereader (Kindle Paperwhite) on which it's not at all easy to look things up. In truth though I often read with my phone next to me and will pick up my phone to look up something I just read about. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elegantlion said:

I critique clothing in zombie movies. Like if the end happened in 2012, why are you wearing that trendy new shirt. I think about what backpack (I'm a bit backpack obsessed) I would take with me, then I realize rule #1 is cardio and I'm doomed, so I'd have to shelter in place. I'd be the crazy woman guarding her personal library. Tag line - she survived the apocalypse and learned physics and Japanese in the same year!

I fully embrace my weirdness, but not everyone gets to see it. 

Sometimes zombies seem to be wearing 70s or 80s clothing. Didn't you just die and turn last year? Why does it look like you became a zombie in 1978 rather than 2018?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elegantlion said:

 then I realize rule #1 is cardio

Unfortunately cardio isn't my problem. My problem is putting one foot in front of the other without tripping, while moving at a fast pace.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

 

 

 

Do not trust the cat. Never trust the cat. 

 

 

 

Baby is absolutely trustworthy.  She hates everyone but me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MaBelle said:

Baby is absolutely trustworthy.  She hates everyone but me.

Okay. 🙂 I have one like that. She's my girl. 

 

 

51906423_10161207732605447_8170141744004857856_o.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Kathy.  That cat looks like he’s plotting to take over the world and you’re the first one he’s taking out.  Run.Now.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

We're all weird in our own weird ways. My search history would have even my family scratching their heads, especially because of the variety of weird stuff I look up. Also, I'm a history nerd. I have many weird bits of lesser known history in my head and what's not stored there I often look up. There is often something niggling at my brain saying, "Wait. I read something about this. What was it?" Then I'd google.

A friend of mine reads both novels and non-fiction books on her iPad. Sometimes it takes her forever to finish a book because she's constantly looking up something she just read about in the book. I'm not much better. I like to pretend I am because I have a dedicated ereader (Kindle Paperwhite) on which it's not at all easy to look things up. In truth though I often read with my phone next to me and will pick up my phone to look up something I just read about. 

Oh, yeah. I do this too. I looked a lot of things up while I was just reading The Year Of Living Danishly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am slightly zombie obsessed  I’m also big on emergency preparedness. I aim for zombie apocalypse readiness because I figure that’d cover any actual base that might come up, lol.  I’m definitely not there yet. I haven’t even bought barbed wire for my bat. 

I’m sure there are a million stranger things about me.  I can ruminate over just about anything. Like, I don’t understand the concept of people getting bored. There are too many weird and fascinating things in the world to think about to ever run out of interesting ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

I think we all must be a little strange...

My main oddity: I won't breathe people's air. Meaning, if a stranger walks by me and I feel that waft of air from their passing, I hold my breath. I don't want to breathe in their perfume/BO/contaminated air. (I only do this at the mall or Walmart -- not home.) 

I do this too! I hate other people’s air! I have a very sensitive nose. My house full of males calls it my superpower. I adore dogs, so I call it just another awesome way of having kinship with them. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mmasc said:

I do this too! I hate other people’s air! I have a very sensitive nose. My house full of males calls it my superpower. I adore dogs, so I call it just another awesome way of having kinship with them. 🙂 

Oh, thank goodness! My family thinks I'm neurotic b/c of this, lol. I'm not! We're totally normal!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alisoncooks said:

Oh, thank goodness! My family thinks I'm neurotic b/c of this, lol. I'm not! We're totally normal!!

Exactly...there are two of us in the world, so that *must* mean we are normal. 🤣

sometimes I hold my breath in public restrooms too. They don’t even have to smell; I just don’t want the air. I’ll just take one big breath before opening the door, do my business quickly and take another big breath inside my shirt, wash hands and speed out. Ok...typing this stuff out is making me feel weirder than I thought I was...🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...