Menu

Chemistry....Open Tent...WTM.....etc.

I am considering using Open Tent or The Well Trained Mind Academy for Chemistry.  Has anyone used either of these?  I would love to hear any feedback that you have.  If you have used another online Chemistry that you love, please share!  My daughter is familiar with WTM Academy and other online courses.

We're about to be done with Clovervalleychemistry.com taught by Dicentra. You can find reviews on her site and here, so this is short version. It's been an excellent class because Dicentra provides immediate feedback and makes it easy/comfortable for students to ask for help. Highly organized class with checklists, videos that go deeper into each chapter, and 2 live office hours. We haven't been able to go to live hours recently, but she posts the recordings immediately. I'm just impressed that she always answers questions so quickly. I've told DD not to be emailing in the evening lol, but with various classes and activities, she does chem homework after dinner.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Clover Valley Chemistry appears to have the lab rolled into the main course. Am I reading that correctly?  So does the student end up with 1 credit for a science with lab?  Currently doing science at WTMA where the lab is separate in participation and credit. 

11 minutes ago, Caraway said:

Clover Valley Chemistry appears to have the lab rolled into the main course. Am I reading that correctly?  So does the student end up with 1 credit for a science with lab?  Currently doing science at WTMA where the lab is separate in participation and credit. 

Yes, the labs are rolled into the class. That’s a standard approach and yes, it’s just one credit. What WTMA does with science (lab a separate 1 credit course) is unorthodox. 

• Like 1