Menu

Pondering ancient and medieval history for next year.

So, my newly homeschooled rising junior has  completed a general world history class and American history still ongoing for modern times. He and I would like for him to hit Ancient Greek and Rome for one semester with more of a focus than was given in World History and would also like to add Medieval History for the next semester. His senior year would be Renaissance and European History. As we are off the usual track for these courses and we want self paced, I am looking at using History of the World books for a spine for all while adding extras where interests rise.  I would like to know if I can pick and choose time periods to cover from these as easily as I think. I will do his Lit separately but to compliment the historical periods, I can swing that on my own. Likely, I’d add The Great Courses Plus here and there to bring it to life. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Sblora

We use the History of the >>>> World books. I don't see why you couldn't pick chapters that apply. They are VERY long books. My junior has  not finished one in a school year yet, taking more along the lines of a 12 month period, reading it heavier in the summers really when she has less other reading to do. Next year she has to get American History in, and she is not going to be able to finish the Renaissance book. I will have her read as far as she can for a bit longer, then pick the chapters I don't want her to miss to get ready for Am. History next year to finish up.