Menu

Accountability Thread 3/10-3/16

Morning. Growl. It's my least favorite day of the year, the day when the clocks are wrong. Other than that, just getting the week scheduled, figuring out what needs to be printed for school, and when kids need to be off this week. I've got three chapters to revise and a forest to print. Not this week, but next week, is spring break, but I won't get one. I'll be working. Hmmm. Thinking. Wonder what the weather looks like? Should I take this week off and finish my editing, get everything done, and then go relax by a lake somewhere for a few days before plunging into work again? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

File this under hokey or cheesy or NBD

I mentioned the portfolio assessment lady.  ONe of the questions in each subject on her form is "what is your biggest accomplishment in "XYZ (reading, math, etc)

And it's been on my mind.

Today, putting the kids to bed, time change, OMG...please just go to bed because everyone still has to get up early tomorrow.  DS6 wants more books but he's not reading them, just wants them in bed, so we have a "discussion" where he gets no extra books.

He had come out of the girls room.  I check the girls room, see DD8 not in bed.  I step in, prepared to holler about going to bed.

DD10 is reading her library book club chapter book to DD8.

I walked out.  And hid happy tears.   This....THIS is our biggest accomplishment of the year.  Reading or otherwise.  Today at cookie booth, DD10 told a nun at the church that she hates reading.  And tonight, she's voluntarily reading a grade level book to her sister.  

This isn't measurable in academics.  And it's not a full fledged love of books.  But dang.............it's a big deal.  

Nope. Not hokey. Not cheesy. And its a very big deal. 

I'm so happy for you! And for your dd, even if she still claims to not like reading. What a huge accomplishment! ❤️

• Like 1

Critter, we were posting at the same time! 😄 

We have to get moving in the morning, which sucks on time change week! We need to get our full school day done by 1:30. Then we need to get ready and head out to eye checkups. 

So that means morning meeting, language arts loop, math, science, lunch, and chores before 1:30.

Since the appointments are one at a time, we probably won't be home until after 4. Then they'll be all out of whack with dilated eyes. Uggh. A quiet, dark evening at home sounds nice though, as long as they aren't cranky. 😎 

• Like 1

Grumble. I need to get moving, but the time change rolled over me. Despite an early bedtime, my internal clock refuses to recognize the time. 

But, sick to my stomach or not, I have to get moving. Basic school today. Boys finishing up literature this week. I will finish with revisions for at least a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Well my grand plans for school work before 1:30 failed miserably! The toddler was up all night not feeling well. He finally fell asleep in my arms as daylight was starting to fill the room. 😰 He slept in my arms until 10am. So we got up and had brunch, lol!

We have to leave the house clean for showings so by the time we were ready for the day and the house was tidy, it was time to go! I can't win! 

I'm sorry so many of you are under the weather! I hope you all feel better soon!

• Like 1

Well, the kids eyes are still huge and everything is blurry. Its making one of them especially cranky. So I'm doing gobs of read alouds. We have a huge stack of read alouds from the library that we got behind on with all the house stuff. So today is a good day to get caught up. 

Its raining today, anyway. Maybe I'll make some banana bread this afternoon. That should cheer everyone up. 😊 

• Like 1

Morning. Editing today. I'm down to one chapter left in the second pass. I'm ahead of schedule, and have time to run six of the longest chapters back through, see if I can cut a little more. But I'm about edited out!

Boys have a little school. Finishing up before a break next week.

• Like 1

Good morning! The kids are doing better today. We are having a slow, rainy morning but we'll get started in a few minutes. I'll probably make it a light day just because that always feels more doable after a break. So we'll do morning meeting, writing, and math. Read alouds and piano practice will be after lunch. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Well, it took me all day, but I did my second pass. Now going to curl up and either die, or hibernate for a few days.

Well done, critter! You deserve a break! 👏 

House hunting took all morning yesterday so we did math, writing, and read alouds in the afternoon. Then we went to the library for an hour and a half. 

The boys are at a playdate today, so I'm letting dd enjoy a break from her younger brothers. She's doing schooly things though. Art, making jewelry, piano practice, reading new library books. I'm cleaning the house in peace and quiet. Ahhh, bliss.

I think I will have the big kids do a math lesson each, after the boys get back from their playdate. Then tonight is family movie night so I think that's a pretty good Friday for them! 

• Like 1

DH back at work. He isn't 100% but he has to go. He still has bodyaches and fatigue but that's it. Pray for him.

DD first day she is playing (no whining over everything either). Pushing water since (on her own) she not drinking enough. She feels the need to pee but wasn't. She is doing so much better now.

No school until Monday. I want her to rest.

I finally slept last night. Praise the Lord! My asthma is acting up and I've got laryngitis again but I can work with that.

• Like 2

Welp, revisions are off to the agent. I'm betting I get to do more of them, but for now, I plan to rest up, work on some character profiles, and get some work done around the house. There's some major cleaning to do, and I really should start on in before I dive back into a rewrite of my next story. Lots of stuff to do.

Got all my new curricula in yesterday. Will be starting on that week after next. I'm likely to be pretty scarce next week. 

• Like 1