Menu

What's with the ads?

hopeistheword

Let’s play a round of “this is what my username means”

Mine is boring.  It was completely random.  I used to go by starrbuck12 - a long time ago and that was the name of my cat, but my cat died...so I sadly changed my username.  

I go by Coffee Break (which is actually much more fitting) on 2 other homeschool forums, but there used to be a coffee break on this forum, so I never used that name on here.  I could probably change it now, because I think the other coffee break is gone.

I'm back to visiting again due to contact I found today from a friend.  Guess which thread caught my eye?  😉

Creekland is the name of our pony farm.  We've cut down a lot since my farm hands lads moved out, but we still have 6 after just selling a yearling today.  At our high point we had 28.

My avatar comes from our passion... we also just returned from a trip with med school lad to the Dominican Republic over his spring break - found a nice AirBnB in Bayahibe so were able to do things, but avoid the resorts, etc.  Fun stuff Creekland style.

Yes, the lad still juggles.  He showed me some juggling rat traps and chainsaws he'd love to add to his knives and fire torches... His birthday is coming.  We'll see.  He's also doing extremely well in med school, so never let anyone tell you homeschoolers can't get there just in case anyone still believes that sort of thing.

In general my lads are finished with college now - youngest is even getting married this June.  Oldest is already married.  Time flies.  Enjoy the journey with your kids!

• Like 8

On 3/2/2019 at 2:24 PM, Amira said:

The first few times I posted, on the old old board in 2003, I was firstname in thenstate.  But then I didn’t want to use my first name, and I don’t stay in any given location long enough to use it as part of my name, so I switched to an Arabic name I used in college while I was living in the Middle East.  It’s usually translated as “princess” but I prefer the translation “commander” or “general” instead, not that any of those three words fits me.  But I’ll stick with it since, the Arabic word for “introverted homebody” doesn’t work for a name.  My avatar is a design dh drew that I made into a quilt.

I’m curious, were you ever AmiraLace?  For some reason I often think of that when I see your name.  Could be I’m crazy, but I thought I would be brave and check. 😊

Edited by SpecialClassical

3 minutes ago, SpecialClassical said:

I’m curious, where you ever AmiraLace?  For some reason I often think of that when I see your name.  Could be I’m crazy, but I thought I would be brave and check. 😊

Yes, and that’s what my blog is still attached to.  I’m surprised someone remembered!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amira said:

Yes, and that’s what my blog is still attached to.  I’m surprised someone remembered!

Good to know I’m not imagining it; AmiraLace has a lovely ring to it.  Thanks for answering so quickly! 

• Like 2

I've always wanted to name our house, but we've moved quite a bit, so I just name every house, Shiloh. It means 'place of peace' and it's my goal, not necessarily my reality. It also has a twist of irony since we have a huge family and the houses we buy are often complete wrecks which we restore, so it's rarely peaceful. 

• Like 1

Mine is a play on the word homeschool.

Glance at it quickly and it just say Homeschool, but if you look closer the little apostrophe makes the word into "Home's cool"!

• Like 2