Menu

FAFSA Question

Matryoshka

Dh is filling out the FAFSA for dd18 and had a question for me I'm not quite sure how to answer, so I'm asking the hive for opinions...  

Dd18 officially graduated high school in December 2018, and is finishing her AS degree and will be graduating CC in May 2019; she's applying to transfer to the state flagship in the fall.

The question is "What will your college grade level be when you begin the 2019/20 school year?"

• Never attended college - first year
  • Attended college before - first year
  • Second year - sophomore
  • Third year - junior

She's transferring, not applying as a freshman, so would she be a junior already?  She'd have junior standing because of the number of credits, but it'll be only her second semester as a 'real' college student, and I'm not sure she'll be able to finish in just 4 more semesters - she might be able to, but it'll be tight.  Does that matter to the FAFSA?  She was DE until December, and this spring she's officially a matriculated college student at the CC for the first time (that's required for her to be eligible for the guaranteed transfer program).   Am I over-thinking this, lol?

• Like 1