Menu

Homeschool for the win!

Here's a funny story that happened to me a few weeks ago. We were at a sporting event with dd12 and a group of us went out to dinner after the event. All the parents were sitting in one booth and the girls were sitting in the next booth. At one point, several of the girls turned to the parents, laughed, and said, "DD12 thinks the earth revolves around the sun!" We just looked at them because we were confused. Again they said, "DD12 thinks the earth goes around the sun! Ha Ha Ha! We all told her the sun goes around the earth. Can you believe she thought that?" One of the other (public school) parents said, "Well, DD12 looks pretty smart right now because she's right. You guys are the negative poster children for public school!" I replied, "Homeschool for the win!" and we all had a good laugh.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

23 hours ago, RenaInTexas said:

I had to read it 3 times because I thought I was missing the punch line.

But -WOW-  they really did think that!

Yes, they turned to tell us because they they couldn't believe DD was so ignorant. They were totally serious! DD told me later that she thought maybe she said it the wrong way. She then started wondering if she was wrong, but she was sure it was right because we did an earth science class last year. 

Edited by mom2scouts

I guess technically you could say that the earth and sun revolve around each other?   Or actually all the planets AND THE SUN are revolving around the center of mass of the solar system.  Which happens to be very close to the center of the sun, which is just wobbling around apparently.  

And really, isn't all motion relative?  

But much kudos to your dd!  

1 hour ago, daijobu said:

I guess technically you could say that the earth and sun revolve around each other?   Or actually all the planets AND THE SUN are revolving around the center of mass of the solar system.  Which happens to be very close to the center of the sun, which is just wobbling around apparently.  

And really, isn't all motion relative?  

But much kudos to your dd!  

Well, yes, I also have a child who's an engineer 😂, but that gets complicated and the basic idea is earth around sun.

• Like 1