Menu

Accountability Thread 2/24-3/2

Last week of the Februaries! I've been writing and revising all day. Crunch time. I'm pushing myself to finish the bulk work this week, and spend two weeks refining the additions to the manuscript to make them transition well and to pull out excess words. 

Other than that, I cooked. That's it.

• Like 1

Medical appointment this morning. Plus we are house sitting for 2 different houses because our family all went on vacation. So that will be 40 minutes just in driving plus probably an hour total at the 2 houses. Uggh. House sitting and helping people move are 2 of the most annoying extended family obligations. 🙄 And nobody reciprocates and house sits for us because we never get to go on vacation with all the medical issues and even if we did, we have no pets (also because of the medical issues)! Relative: "hey, the Robinsons have no life, they can clean up our pooch's poo while we relax on the beach!"  Wow, I may be a little bitter! 🤣 

We will do a partial school day this afternoon when we get home. Memory work, reading, writing, and math. I'll be happy with that for today.

Critter- I'm super curious as to what "tired" chicken means. I think I might be a tired chicken! 😂

• Like 1

Hi All,

She seems to be coming down with something or her allergies are acting up. Given allergy medications and she has improved. She slept well last night plus she took 2 naps yesterday (not normal for her, naps that is).

She is perky this morning

She played Starfall and tried ETC online demo while I was doing chores. I'm contemplating the online ETC for her. She is very independent and it will work with her were she is at and won't be repetitive if she doesn't need it. 

DH is off so we had a family brunch at the table.

Need to return library book.

She started her cursive program on Saturday. She likes it. She did front and back page this morning.

She is working on her math right now. She is also being goofy.

She needs to do BP Lessons and stories, read to me, Bible stories, memory verse, calendar and weather. 

Clean her room.

Its sunny but very cold so an inside day.

I hope this cough she has doesn't get worse and set off the asthma.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

We have gotten just about everything done.  We are at home for the moment, DD10 still needs to read.  

Dh should be here in about 15 to 20 minutes, after which we will go take the rental back and get some more money back.  Then, I am hoping I can go pick up DD8's GS cookies.  Once I am home, I need to place an order for more cookies.   

AAAAnnnnnnddddd, I didn't get dinner in the crockpot this morning as planned, so I don't know what I am going to do for dinner for the kids.  We ordered pizza on Friday, had the last of our frozen pizza stash yesterday while I was sorting cookies.  I have food to cook but it takes a while.  

Guy we bought the car from is a dork.  Dealing with getting the title notarized was a PIA.  The kids were bonkers at the BMV and it's always so crowded and stressful.  And by the time we were finishing up with DS6's doc appointment they just about done for the day.  

I didn't get dinner in the crockpot either! 😰 

I'm thinking breakfast for dinner... 😊

• Like 1

Good morning! I think we should get a full day of homeschooling in today! *gasp!*shock!*

Memory work, spelling, writing, handwriting, math, and science before lunch.

Audio book at lunch.

Weekly family housework chore and exercise after lunch.

Piano practice and read alouds this afternoon. 

I have a few errands to run today and I'm really hoping dh is feeling well enough to watch the kids. I need a minute to myself! 😲  

• Like 1

Reading, spelling, handwriting, and math are done. We are taking an early lunch break because everyone's hungry now. 

We'll get right back to lessons after lunch since we are running behind. We are running low on a lot of groceries and staples so I spent a long time after breakfast making a huge menu and shopping list. Then we have an appointment at 3 (not medical for once! 😄) then I can head straight to the grocery store because my list is ready! Woohoo! 

So, lessons after lunch will be memory work, writing, science, and piano practice. Then hopefully we'll have time for exercise and the weekly house cleaning chore before we have to leave. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was a HS field trip to our museum that has our city history. Once a month that museum does a HS class. So DD6 met a lot of new kids that are HS but not from church or our co-op.

Went to two different libraries to return, pick up and play. No storytime yesterday because it was the same time as the museum.

She read to me yesterday and on her own.

Today she has done her cursive page, math lesson, Bible stories, memory verse, I have read to her and she read to me this morning also.

Need to do calendar, weather and review phonograms.

Her allergies and asthma are acting up so meds and breathing treatments. She feels okay, though.

Right now she is cuddling Daddy and watching the Puppy Bowl.

• Like 2

Morning. I've been in the revision cave most of the week, but today is the last day of major revision work. I'm already feeling the post-project depression coming on.  

No art today in town, but I will do some painting, and the boys will do some drawing here. School is usually a half-day on Thursday, but the boys could do a full day if they want and have a half-day on Friday. Math is about done, and so is grammar, and I think they are closing in on their literature books, too. Going to take a day off after today for myself and see what all I need to get, buy, or do. 

• Like 1

Good morning! We are hosting a playdate here again this week so we are getting ready for that. 

I need to get dinner in the crock pot this morning, too. 

This afternoon, I'll have the big kids do some independent work at their desks while I have a consulation here for a... thing. (Its hard to "talk" without giving too much info sometimes! Lol!) 😁

So another busy day and another day of school not being the tippy top priority. 😣 The kids have already been put on notice that we will be working through the summer. 😬 

• Like 1

Well the playdate was cancelled because of the ice we got yesterday evening.

The kids were so disappointed (there were pitiful tears) that I didn't have the heart to make them do bookwork. So they've done lots of Lego creations, nail polish art, oil pastels, an episode of Brain Child, reading chapter books, and they made some treat concoctions.

My consultation thingy went way better than expected and I am so excited to see where it goes! Fingers crossed! 

I got dinner in the crock pot and the house smells amazing! Its making me hungry! 

• Like 1

Good Morning, 

Wow, it has been such a crazy morning. 

Dropped Dh at work

3 hrs at the grocery store. She had to talk to everyone. PS is off today so lots of kids everywhere. 

Dropped off and put away groceries.

Then had to immediately leave for storytime. We were a little late.

She is currently working on the craft. It's so loud in hear with all the kids. After storytime she will play with the other kids for awhile. 

Lunch with Dad

Home at last to rest. 

She needs to read to me and if she isn't  to tired a writing page, Bible stories and memory verse. We did calendar and weather. Maybe some science videos. 

Pick up Dad.

• Like 2

Busy here, despite having a day off revisions. I wrote around 3K, then got a couple chapters to review for another writer, and so I'm eating lunch, and trying to get through as much work as I can before I sign off for the day and clean!

Boys did school. We are out of math, and no books. I'll scramble and see what I can do by Monday.

• Like 1

Morning school work is done. We are eating lunch now and watching an episode of One Strange Rock. 

After lunch, we'll do our weekly house cleaning chore for today. The kids already got out a project to tackle after chores. They are going to do "build your own birdhouse" kits. Its pretty good timing actually, since we are still stuck inside with winter weather but spring is just around the corner. 

The kids requested hot dogs and fries for family movie night this week so I got all natural hot dogs with no nitrate junk, whole grain hot dog buns, and organic ketchup. Does that make it healthy? 🤔 Probably not! 😄

• Like 1