Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
lulalu

CLE reading 2nd grade

I ordered CLE reading for 1st this year. We have done 2 LU and love it. Skipping some of the dictionary spelling work as I don't find it important. 

I am planning to use 2nd next year. But it has 10 LU and 2 reading books! I really want to add in other real books for reading and not just CLE as the books are limited. 

So my question- do we need to do both books for 2nd? Or can we just do one? We have learned phonics with Phonics Pathways and ETC. So our phonics instruction is not limited to CLE. Anyone just do half a year? 

I haven't used CLE Reading 2, but we have been using CLE Reading 3 this year.  We really like it, but we did take a one month break from it in December since we were ahead of schedule.  Are you planning to do anything extra with the other books you want to read, or just read and talk about them?  If that's the case, I would just do CLE Reading and then read other things on top of that.  If it's the same as CLE 3, the stories in CLE are really quite short and the bulk of the work is in the workbook working on literature skills/comprehension/vocabulary.  Of course, you can also just do half a year if that meets your goals!

Edited by nwahomeschoolmom
  • Like 1