Menu

video or computer Bible/Religions curriculum?

ktgrok

3 hours ago, OKBud said:

Listen to TAN Story of the Bible, and memorize verses?

We do have that, and did it last year. May continue, but the music makes some of the intense parts even more intense, and my 6 yr old is dealing with anxiety so I'm not sure it is a good idea. 

It isn't solely about the Bible, but Dynamic Catholic has a series of (Catholic) videos for First Reconciliation prep and First Communion prep. They would certainly be appropriate for your younger kids. They can be found here. Other than the Story of the Bible already mentioned, I don't know of any that are Catholic, centered around the Bible, and video-based.

Ok, I think we'll do a combination of Blessed videos, What's In the Bible (which I HIGHLY recommend to anyone everyone) and maybe some Friends and Heros videos, if they aren't too intense/scary for my little one. 

And they don't have to be Catholic, we actually attend an Episcopal Church now, but not videos of people using dinosaurs as plow animals, you know?

Thank you all! If nothing else, this stuff is way better than the youtube videos they want to watch. Seriously, I am NOT going to watch you watch someone clean under their bed....again. I have a bed you can clean under if you find it that fascinating. 

Seriously though, they have lost their attention spans. As younger kids they would sit through longer documentaries than they do now!

• 2 weeks later...