Menu

Gils 10 Commandments of Homeschooling [Updated and Reposted]

Gil

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 8:44 AM, Gil said:

01) Thou shalt plan for and teach ONLY the child(ren) you have before you

02) Thou shalt not fix a thing which is not broken. (no matter how much shinier something is--Or appears to be--in comparison)

03) Thou shalt  do the most doable thing each day. For surely if a thing is doable, it is likely to be done with great regularity.

04) Thou shalt not stress about the non-doable thing which thou doth not do (regularly or at all)

05) Honor the above commandments and make them foremost in the agenda that thy days as a sane HSer may be long.

06) Remember the Day(s) of Downtime and observe it(them) that thou may keep sane.

07) Thou shalt not kill the will to learn in your charges. Whether they be prepubescent, pubescent or postpubescent.

08) Thou shalt not curriculum hop frivolously (know when to hold 'em)

09) Thou shalt evaluate each week and seek exit strategies when needed. (know when to fold 'em.)

10) Thou shalt not covet a fellow HSers goals/journey/curriculum/schedule/accomplishments/approach etc.

I originally posted them here. but that thread has been inactive for years and I'm not sure what the policy is on reviving old threads so I'm reposting this here (in a slightly updated version) by request of @JumpyTheFrog

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3