Menu

Induction stove - frying pans that don’t warp?

three4me

Several months ago we splurged on HexClad pans at Costco and have really liked them. But recently I noticed that the largest frying pan is no longer perfectly flat on the bottom, so it wobbles it bit while I’m using it. Not a huge problem, but I imagine it will only get worse. For the price we paid I expected them to stay flat. I’m thinking I’ll return them, but I need something to replace them with.

Anyone have suggestions for pans that won’t warp and wobble? I have one cast iron and it’s not my favorite, but I do use it occasionally. Looking some something non-stick preferably. 

all-clad stainless or d5.  (I have d5. worth. every. penny.)  I have a non-stick omelet pan with a domed lid - i ONLY use for eggs.  mine mine mine.

cusinart has a similar triply called French classic -straight sides  (they also have a multi-clad pro - rolled rims,  made in china.) I have a sauce pan and stock pot and I do like them.

tramontina makes a similar triply ( dont' know which line it is.) - don't actually have any.

most other triplys from other brands are actually thinner.

eta: I have an AC saute - which is great.  

some things - I will use non-stick for certain things, for others, I prefer stainless- let it warm up first if you are frying something, and deglaz your pan to help clean it.   we have it on the burner when putting a liquid in to deglaz.  it will usually clean right up.

Edited by gardenmom5

I bought tramotina when I got my first induction stove and then are still holding up well after (9-10 years really can't remember now).  My second induction stove was a kitchen aid and they sent me a free set of dishes.  I love those pans.  I'd ditch all my tramotina if the kitchen aid came in the same sizes (sadly they don't so I have both).