Menu

Derek Owens Computer Science

My son is taking his course now.  He was struggling with a few concepts so I watched the videos to see if I could help.  It’s a great course.  Set up well.  Explains things very well.  My son was not proactive about asking for help when he got stuck, and that’s why I stepped in.   The professor has been very responsive and helpful.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2019 at 2:22 PM, JazzyMom said:

My son is taking his course now.  He was struggling with a few concepts so I watched the videos to see if I could help.  It’s a great course.  Set up well.  Explains things very well.  My son was not proactive about asking for help when he got stuck, and that’s why I stepped in.   The professor has been very responsive and helpful.

Does the course have to be finished in a specific period of time?  

4 hours ago, JazzyMom said:

No, it doesn’t, but you do pay by the month so the longer it takes, the more you pay.

When my DD took physics & it took for.ev.er to get done (almost 12 months), DO capped payment at 9 months. Does he not do that anymore? 

26 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

When my DD took physics & it took for.ev.er to get done (almost 12 months), DO capped payment at 9 months. Does he not do that anymore? 

Man, I'm counting on this! Somehow this semester so far ds had fallen far enough behind that we are looking at Algebra Summer looming ahead. I think he can catch up somewhat, but I've been lulling myself to sleep with that payment cutoff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RootAnn said:

Yep, DO still does this.

Once you've made 9 monthly payments, the course is considered paid for in full. DS started DO pre-calc at a slow pace last summer before his school year officially started, finishing up now, and we've reached our 9 payment max. And this is the second DO course we've done that with. 😃

• Like 2