Menu

S/o Head Boards- show me what you like

Hilltopmom

We have just had a metal bed frame with no headboard for 20+ years. Dh has decided he wants a “grown up” bedroom without our childhood dressers we brought from our parents  house, lol.

Cant afford & dont really need new dressers, So, I’m at least looking for headboard ideas. Currently loving the diy ones from old doors I’m seeing on Pinterest. Or a mission style one.

Not looking for a bed frame with footboard- dh is too tall.

Just bought a new solid navy comforter cover and a taupe bedskirt. Painting the walls a pale taupe color. Dressers are all mismatched wood tones.

Show off your bed, headboard, or just one you found online that you like 🙂

1 hour ago, Hilltopmom said:

I should add I like the look of the upholstered ones but I’m afraid a kid would puke on it some night when sick & in my bed!

I saw an upholstered headboard on our local FB sale page this week that had sharpie all over it. She said it needed to be reupholstered bc her kid drew on it. Black sharpie, cream headboard. 

• Haha 2

I've always had a soft spot for painted spool beds - this one is black - we have one for the kids in 3/4 size, but it is sky blue:

3d0ef4c3d00be48a328da1e93afc5925.jpg

I also really like the painted metal ones from the 20's, often dark brown with lighter brown leaves or vegetation, something like this:

8720be82048c55f33ce598443e2653ce.jpg

Edited by Bluegoat

Tragic - I found one at the Goodwill - upholstered in beige - perfect !!! $10. Paid for it. It would not fit in my car. Not my dd's either. It is pouring rain for the next 8 days so a pick up truck is not going to work. I guess I will have to leave it there for someone else to buy. So angry. 

We have a four poster bed in our master. Otherwise no one else has a head board. - see why I wanted that!

• Sad 1

My headboard is the door from a freestanding pantry cabinet we got rid of.  It's fastened to the wall (well, to 2x4s that are attached to the wall), not the actual bed frame.  I can't take a picture of it now because the light is terrible in here, but I'll see if I can find something similar.  There are several on Pinterest, but none I can find that look like ours.  We didn't make it look weathered and "old" (it was already "stock cabinet white" to match an IKEA bed frame) and we didn't add a shelf along the top edge.  That seems to be pretty common to get a farmhouse-type look.  Not my style though.

Edited by BarbecueMom

1 hour ago, lmrich said:

Tragic - I found one at the Goodwill - upholstered in beige - perfect !!! $10. Paid for it. It would not fit in my car. Not my dd's either. It is pouring rain for the next 8 days so a pick up truck is not going to work. I guess I will have to leave it there for someone else to buy. So angry. 

We have a four poster bed in our master. Otherwise no one else has a head board. - see why I wanted that!

I'd totally cut up trash bags to make a tarp and strap that big boy to the top of my car!  You can do it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lmrich said:

tie it on top!  cover with plastic first