Menu

Quality Writing Instruments for 6th and Beyond

Gil

I want to gift each of The Boys a small collection of quality writing and drawing instruments (and a nice storage case).
I want the pens to last for several years, so I'm looking for well-made and that means I'm probably looking for pens that you refill vs dispose of. I'm thinking of getting them each a nice art kit that will last several years. 

They do a lot of writing and drawing so I think that they would appreciate having nice writing and drawing tools to use.

I like the site jetpens.com. They have blog posts that compare different pens - fountain pens, gel, roller ball, etc. I’m sure they can at least get you started on finding a decent set. Have fun with the search! I’ve enjoyed learning about all the nuances of pens & ink!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My daughter loves these pens. I'm so glad that I looked in this thread and went to the website! Dd has this set, but it doesn't have a purple pen. I was able to order a whole sampler pack of just purple pens! Her birthday is coming up, and I know she will be excited. 

https://www.amazon.com/Staedtler-Triplus-Fineliner-Porous-334/dp/B0007OEDYI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1550750833&sr=8-7&keywords=pens+staedtler

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gil said:

So there is a lot more variety in pens than I thought, but Jetpens.com is fantastic because they sale samplers. Thanks a lot for the suggestion. 

My dad collected fountain pens and I remember having to go with him to *pen* shows! Talk about variety! Who knew there were pen enthusiasts? But there you have it.... I am amazed at all the little details about writing instruments — but it’s really cool when you can tell the difference! Some pens really are nicer to write with!

Have fun with the research and the samplers!

• Like 1