Menu

What do you have hanging above your bed?

sassenach

12 hours ago, Kate in Arabia said:

I asked my dd to paint three canvases in a "winter woods" theme.. it's so hot here most of the year, I wanted something that conveyed cool serenity 😉 .... when I look at it I can almost hear the crunching footsteps in snow, and that sort of muffled quiet.. and the bracing smell of snow at night, the cutting cold breeze... I haven't actually seen snow in many years, so this is a nice reminder...

bed paintings 2.jpg

Your description reminds me of the book Owl Moon.

• Like 2

Our photographer took us out for a natural photo session a few weeks after the wedding.  We have a picture of us on a bluff with a lighthouse and the ocean in the background, wearing our wedding clothes, that looks like a landscape painting, and that is what is over our bed.  The frame is more ornate than I would choose now.  But that was the style in the early 90s when I had it framed.

I would like to have a tapestry made to order to put over our bed at our cabin, but that is a big expense and unlikely to ever actually happen.  *Somewhere* I have an abstract hanging that I wove in a class years ago.  That might work in that spot, but I'm in no hurry.  The room is so serene and uncluttered the way it is that I'm not really certain that I want to add to it.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 7:13 AM, beckyjo said:

We don't have anything over the headboard. 

I do have this little hanging quilt on DH's side wall that his mother made for me, and a caricature of the kids on my side wall. 

Hanging Quilt.jpg

I love this!  This is why I can’t decorate. Stuff like this sparks joy in me. 😬 I’m seriously considering getting one of those “Please remain seated during the entire performance” signs for my downstairs powder room. I also liked the “messy bun and getting things done” sign I saw, but what room do you put THAT in? 

Pinterest IS overrun with farmhouse style. It’s pretty and all, but my house is more mid-century modern and the “Gather” sign doesn’t really work. It’s hard to find things I like that work. I don’t really care for Sputnik lighting. 

Edited to change CAN decorate to CAN’T That makes a difference. 😂

Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to have a large oil painting my Grandma painted of the ocean. But then I got a new bedspread and the colors didn’t work anymore. Right now I am working on a wall gallery of some of our wedding photos and adding a wedding picture of my parents and my grandparents and hopefully my in-laws, too. I’m going to have to change the frames, though. Anyhow, it is a work in progress on my bedroom floor at the moment. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 2:53 PM, nevergiveup said:

Framed Andrew Wyeth print of a dog sleeping on a bed called, I believe, Master Bedroom.

I have cross-stitched pictures of dogs my mother made on other walls.  Pretty much a dog themed bedroom.

Now why did I look that up?? It would go perfect in my bedroom with my quilt. Never give indecisive people other ideas.😂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

I love this!  This is why I can’t decorate. Stuff like this sparks joy in me. 😬 I’m seriously considering getting one of those “Please remain seated during the entire performance” signs for my downstairs powder room. I also liked the “messy bun and getting things done” sign I saw, but what room do you put THAT in? 

Pinterest IS overrun with farmhouse style. It’s pretty and all, but my house is more mid-century modern and the “Gather” sign doesn’t really work. It’s hard to find things I like that work. I don’t really care for Sputnik lighting. 

Edited to change CAN decorate to CAN’T That makes a difference. 😂

Laundry room?