Menu

Accountability Thread 2/17-2/23

February drags on with rain and gray. Today I'm trying to plow through another two chapters of revision, and I need to see where the boys are in their literature selections so we can choose the next book to read. Other than that, not much planned today. A little cooking needs to be done.

• Like 2

Medical appointment this morning. The big kids will have independent schoolwork to complete while we are out.

Our independent out of the house lessons are things like gratitude journal, spelling practice, vocabulary roots, math practice problems, geography workbook, and I'll toss in a library book about our current science/history topic and a chapter book they are working on.

They usually don't get to everything and they can do things in whatever order they want. Whatever doesn't get done while we are out, has to get finished in the afternoon after lunch/snack and a nice long relaxing break.

Medical stuff is exhausting and we all need some time to decompress. On a similar note, I don't teach any new concepts on those medical days. 😉 

• Like 1

DH is doing overtime today but only 8 hours instead of 12.

DD is having breakfast. She watched some Numberblocks and now is watching Leap Frog. 

Yikes! I was having breakfast and some food felt stuck in back of my throat. I started coughing and then an asthma attack hit. That was different. Thank God all is fine now.

School today is BP  Lessons and Stories, read to me or Dad, we're back into Horizon Math, practice writing, calendar, weather, Bible stories and memory verses. 

Lego play

Cookie Checkers its played with miniature cookies instead of game pieces. 

Arts and crafts 

After DH gets home he is taking DD out to pick up Valentine's gift for me. She did Daddy's on Saturday. We explained that its better to buy after the day, its cheaper. 

Expecting more snow tomorrow another 3-5 inches.

• Like 2

Regular school day at home. It feels like its been forever since we've had a "normal" day. 

Memory work, Spelling, Writing, Math, Geography before lunch. Exercise, chores, piano practice, and reading after lunch. 

I have one quick errand after school is done then we are hunkering down for another round of winter weather. 

Deep cleaning the house this week too, since its been neglected while I was sick. Today is the school room and dd's room plus 2 loads of laundry. 

Off to get started!

• Like 2

Good Morning, 

Its Daddy/Daughter Day!

DH feel asleep about 5:30 PM last night and didn't wake up till about 6:30 am. He is ready to go. Which is great because she is ready to play.

Arts and crafts. 

Games (like cookie checkers)

Storytime this morning with more crafts.

Science experiments 

How things are made YouTube type shows.

Daddy is fun and is more unschool then any other type. That fits her, at least partly. She does enjoy structure and routine though, like her momma.

• Like 2

Well, its snowy and icy out there. Public schools in our area cancelled. So we'll stay in today.

We are doing school though, since we've missed so much lately. I think maybe I'll let them choose the order of the subjects today. Sometimes there is less whining if they choose the order. I don't know why that makes a difference in their minds but, whatever, I'll take it!

Especially today because I have a long to do list that is not school related. Phone calls, paperwork, more deep cleaning, make banana bread before the bananas can no longer be called "bananas", 3 loads of laundry, and probably something else I'm forgetting.

• Like 1

Cold and snowy here too and the PS are closed.

She has already had breakfast, Bible stories, memory verses, calendar and weather. 

I ordered a cursive writing from Abeka (she has wanted to do cursive for a long time) and it will be here next week.

She needs to read her phonics, read to me, math and writing practice. 

• Like 2

We are hosting a playdate at our house this morning!!!!! As an introvert, I never thought I'd be so happy about a playdate! But we are so stir crazy between everyone being sick and multiple rounds of ice and snow, so I am thrilled to spend some time with other humans and let the kids play with their friends! 

This afternoon, after the playdate, we'll do a relaxed school time. Read alouds, memory work, math facts, and 1 hour of a docu series we are watching. 

More laundry, house cleaning/ organizing projects, and at least one very important phone call for me today. 

Have a great day everyone! 

• Like 1

Good Morning, 

She has HS Co-op this morning and then we our going to watch her cousin this afternoon and they are just going to play. (PS is off due to teacher conference).

Before co-op she will do her Bible stories, memory verses,  calendar and weather. 

This past week every night before bed she has wanted to be left alone to read her books. Last night she was surprised to be able to read several of them with little to no help. Tonight she will have her private reading time.

• Like 2

Boys have a short day with only Latin and Math. Art was cancelled due to all the artists being in different places. I'm going to revise until I have to come up for air, and then revise some more. Two more weeks! The gross changes will be done then, and I can start refining.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Drove DH to work this morning. 

Grocery shopping 

Storytime with craft

Received the Abeka cursive book.

She spent sometime painting while listening to "Uncle Wiggley ", Bible story, memory verses and right now is watching science shows.

She read the old (1959) book "Sammy the Seal".

Maybe start her on her cursive writing. 

Edited by Mommyof1

We had a medical appointment today in a bigger city that's a bit of a drive for us. The big kids brought chapter books to read in the car, but this afternoon, they all fell asleep on the way home! Unheard of! 

I'm ready to relax for the rest of the evening. Family movie night is perfect for that!

Have a great weekend everyone! 

• Like 1